Win ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working BSOD on XP
im trying to use an old dell (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy...pecs02.htm) as a media center with xbmc and i can open xbmc and navigate the main menu (videos, programs, system, etc) but once i select any of those items it freezes and then blue screens with that error (ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working). the driver is version 6.14.10.454 and thats the latest one i can find anywhere. please help.
i fixed the problem by installing driver version 6.14.10.402 in case anyone else has this issue. xbmc works great and barely uses any resources (3% cpu and about 100MB of RAM). A computer of similar specs would be perfect for anyone elses home theater needs.
Hi spanktastic2120,

I've run into the same problem with a very similar scenario. I also bought an older Dell (GX620) to run another media center upstairs in my home but more often than none I get the BSOD when trying to play some videos of the network...And if I try to play a full DVD again via xbmc then within a minute or so BSOD....

I updated all the drivers to the latest available...I canned the pc for any viruses or malware/spyware (nothing found)...

Are you sure it was just the display driver...? Have you had any other issues since you last posted..?

Thanks

Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working BSOD on XP0