Win Frame rate display : Nightly issues
I've "smooth" display issues on nightly with some frame rates.
On some frame rate, display stuter. I've for this a few test files, wich allow me to test all the frame rate my TV support, and check there is no regression.
My TV support (on 1080p) 23.976p, 24p, 25i, 29.97i, 50p, 59.97p, 60p
Link is by HDMI. My destok is set to 23.973fps, because almost all my videos are at this framerate, and HMDI sync of my TV when frame rate is changed produce a black screen of around 2-3 seconds.

First, result with a build i've made the 05/08/2012.
A 23.976fps file : Play is Ok.
A 24fps file : Play is Ok.
A 25fps file : Play is Ok.
A 29.97 fps file : Play is NOk, video stutter.
A 30fps file : Play is NOk, video stutter.
The log file is here : http://pastebin.com/EfjCpL42
Don't know when the 2 last begun to not working, i've not done this test since a "long time".

Results with a build i've made today, the 13/08/2012, until commit ed875659.
Another issue is added : XBMC destock is not going back to 23.976, it stays at the framerate of the last video played, even if i've configured on Start/Stop of the play.
A 23.976fps file : Play is Ok.
A 25fps file : Play is NOk. File stutter awfully.
25fps file is restarted : Play is NOk, video stutter, but less than the first time.
The log file is here : http://pastebin.com/dJrSh3ja
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135660
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This seems to be related only to the secondary, not truly important issue, of desktop not going back to it's original framerate. By the way, i've provided to you what you wanted : A full debug log.
Seeing you talking of 75Hz, make me ask you a question : Is it a PC screen ? For what i know (but i don't know everything), this is not a refresh rate supported by TV screen.
Maybe, and i said maybe, because i don't know your hardware and settings, you can't reproduce the issue because you don't have the same settings. Personnaly, as said, i have a TV screen linked by HDMI, with the following settings :
(Don't remember the exact name in english, but you should be able to retrieve what i mean) :
Windows full screen instead of true full screen : Off
Adjust display to video frame rate : On
Adjust video to display frame rate : Off
Vertical sync : Always On.
Also, i've stoped, by the menu, the video during the play (for the framerate desktop part).

The primary issue i wanted to report was the stuttering of the files, the incorrect play was another issue i've spotted, but not so important as the stuttering.
I've seen this same issue on several XBMC machines running Frodo Alpha 3. I also experience this my self.

This is not a big deal for me personally as 99% of everything I watch is 24p, so for me the 24p audio sync problems is a huge problem compared to this... but who knows... maybe the problems are related in some way.

Still... I trust the devs will sort both these issues out before implementing more stuff into XBMC. In my opinion bugs are more important to fix than new features.

System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
With anime, what i only watch with my xbmc PC, i personnaly have almost never 24fps, around 80% to 90% of 23.976, and most of what left is 29.97fps.

After, well, xbmc is free and dev do this on their free time, so, in this situation, they have absolute right to do what they want. And, if the dev who can fix the xxx bug is not avaible, but another dev who can add feature yyy is avaible, you'll have the feature before the fix.
Wise words. Your second issue will vanish if you switch Windows full screen instead of true full screen : On.

Yes i can only debug it on a PC monitor which has 75Hz and 60 Hz (so it selects 75Hz for 25fps content). I'm the dev for fixing the second issue (still on it - so switching to the windowed full screen is only a workaround for now).

The first issue is unrelated to that - and i'm not the dev for looking into this.

By the way - this is why we want each bugreport in its own thread - and not bundled into one.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your part.
I prefer to stay with a true full screen, so, actualy, i'm using the build i've made the 05/08/2012.
When your part will be fixed, i'll test again and see which build have the most framerates "working properly".

Do you know by any luck the dev for the primary issue ?
If yes, have you possibility to contact him to take a look at this thread ?
I've played my test files with a mediaplayer (popcorn C-200), they play without stutter, so, it's not a TV issue.

After, even if i also prefer bugfix before new feature, i'm also totaly (at least, i think) aware of the situation, and i'm truly happy with the fact that there is XBMC.
The second issue, desktop staying at the video frame rate is fixed.
Thanks.
(2012-08-13, 13:31)jpsdr Wrote: A 23.976fps file : Play is Ok.
A 25fps file : Play is NOk. File stutter awfully.
25fps file is restarted : Play is NOk, video stutter, but less than the first time.
The log file is here : http://pastebin.com/dJrSh3ja

i have the same problem (Intel i3, Windows).
24fps plays fine, 25 fps stutters.
As soon as I get home I'll upload a full log.
I've opened a ticket here : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13277
Everyone who have the same issue, feel free to add informations.
Ok took me a while but I also added a log to the ticket.
I hope somebody can fix this.
Because I really don't won't to go back to dharma. Frodo is just too nice. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame rate display : Nightly issues0