Hulu HD content finally playing in HD
I have a Hulu Plus account and I placed all the appropriate information in the add on settings to include streaming at 720p3200K but for whatever reason it is playing in 480p. I know because I tried it on both the website and xbmc and the quality is like night and day. Is there a way to improve the picture quality?

*Update 4 days later* Thanks to no help from anyone on these forums I got help from outside sources and they explained changing the CDN to Akamai. Limelight is for the general fast boot free login for Hulu. For HD content Akamai works best. I am not sure where level 3 falls into the quality tier but I guess either somewhere between Limelight and Akamai or below Limelight. I haven't checked level 3 because Akamai looks PERFECT.

Akamai = HULU Plus HD 720p Content

Limelight = Hulu free 480 content

level 3 = Unknown
(2012-08-14, 04:38)Joker4life Wrote: I have a Hulu Plus account and I placed all the appropriate information in the add on settings to include streaming at 720p3200K but for whatever reason it is playing in 480p. I know because I tried it on both the website and xbmc and the quality is like night and day. Is there a way to improve the picture quality?

*Update 4 days later* Thanks to no help from anyone on these forums I got help from outside sources and they explained changing the CDN to Akamai. Limelight is for the general fast boot free login for Hulu. For HD content Akamai works best. I am not sure where level 3 falls into the quality tier but I guess either somewhere between Limelight and Akamai or below Limelight. I haven't checked level 3 because Akamai looks PERFECT.

level 3 = Unknown

Please help me with geo-blocked live outside USA
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive
(2012-11-13, 03:22)mhalfadl Wrote:
(2012-08-14, 04:38)Joker4life Wrote: I have a Hulu Plus account and I placed all the appropriate information in the add on settings to include streaming at 720p3200K but for whatever reason it is playing in 480p. I know because I tried it on both the website and xbmc and the quality is like night and day. Is there a way to improve the picture quality?

level 3 = Unknown

Please help me with geo-blocked live outside USA

tunlr.net

level 3 = Unknown

Cool, that fixed my issue with HD not playing. Appreciate the info.
Hello All,

So the issue I'm seeing is with Hulu in general. When i play Colbert Rapport from Hulu's site or the Hulu plug-in for XBMC the content seems to be in 480p (slightly fuzzy) and when i watch on the colbertnation.com....it definitey much clearer...more like true 720p. I do not have Hulu plus. Could this be the reason Hulu is not looking as clear as I'm looking for? I am using Frodo 12.2. If anyone has experience in this arena, please share. Thank you.
I believe you need hulu+ to enable HD... someone please correct me if i'm wrong...
Where exactly are these settings, mentioned? I am paying for Hulu Plus and not getting HD on two computers (Windows XP SP3 & Windows 7 Ult 64Bit ) with a 20Mbps connection speed. I have the gear icon set to HD in Hulu Plus on both computers.

Yes, Hulu Plus is required for HD 720P but CBS broadcast at 720P even in Hulu Basic. I am only getting about 704X396, not even the highest SD resolution!
Does anyone know a way to actually measure the Hulu Plus resolution on computers and on a Smart TV?

Thank You
M Calcagno

>>for Hulu. For HD content Akamai works best. I am not sure where level 3 falls into the quality tier but I guess either somewhere between Limelight and Akamai or below Limelight. I haven't checked level 3 because Akamai looks PERFECT.

level 3 = Unknown<<

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu HD content finally playing in HD0