Problems: Scrapers deliver very few results & Screensize
Hello @all,

i am completely new to xbmc.
My movies are organized as follows: "Name from imdb" (.)tt"imdb-Number". So, there is the full official name of the movie in the filename, and the unique IMDB-Number.
Before i switched to xbmc i read somewhere that xbmc can identify movies exactly by that imdb-number and build up a library.

In my "test-directory" there are about 20 movies.
Now i tried several scrapers:
the IMDB-Scraper finds ONE (ONE !!!) Movie. Big lol!
OFDB finds THREE.
Universal scraper finds EIGHT.

I dont get any request from xbmc while it searches for content. It just finishes the work with the depicted results. End.

Now my questions: is this NORMAL? How can i improve the results of the scrapers? I dont know where i read that xbmc can analyse imdb-numbers, but i am sure of this. So, which scraper can do it?
Is there a xbmc-tool that works like zeeb, which is the best movie-analyzer i know?

SECOND Problem:
I cant get a fullscreen output. My Beamer is 1280 x 800, so 16:9 Movies dont fill the whole screen. I tried video options, but "Stretch 16x9" doesnt have any effect.
I think imdb numbers can be applied to nfo (wiki) files or something like that, but certainly not to the file name. The file name should only be NAME.FILE or NAME (year).FILE: adding videos to the library (wiki)
Mh. I cant edit all my file names.
Also, the universal scraper indeed finds 8 of 20 movies, all have ttNUMBER in the filename. The others are not found. Why?
Is it possible to program my own scraper that way it INCLUDES the imdb-Number?
Clean string regexp (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...strings.3E) might work for but you'll loose the id lookups. As Ned wrote, XBMC only supports them in .nfo files.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-08-14, 10:49)vdrfan Wrote: Clean string regexp (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...strings.3E) might work for but you'll loose the id lookups. As Ned wrote, XBMC only supports them in .nfo files.

Since i already created an advancedsettings.xml file i am gonna try this.
Besten Dank ;-)
You could also use folder names for lookup, by putting each movie in separate folders (and keep the filenames the same).
I name my movies just like they are, even with german titles and use themoviedb scraper.
IMDB brings me always strange results also and does not find all titles. Try the other scraper Smile
(2012-08-14, 10:14)scrapeit Wrote: SECOND Problem:
I cant get a fullscreen output. My Beamer is 1280 x 800, so 16:9 Movies dont fill the whole screen. I tried video options, but "Stretch 16x9" doesnt have any effect.

Hit "z" to toggle various zoom modes. If push comes to shove, hit "m" and go to your video options and adjust the zoom/pixel ratio manually. This way you can tweak it to balance the artifact from stretching with cutting off visibility at the edges as you prefer.

I'm new as well though, so I'm sure there's smarter way to do this, as this would need to be done manually for every movie/episode. You can also check the "crop black bars" or whatever it is in the main settings->video playback section, then up your allowed % error to whatever it takes to fill your screen. Personally I tend not to like those results, but at least it's automatic.
The zoomsetting doesnt have an effect, not even with z.
Meanwhile i realized that it seems to be a specific problem with XBMC on raspberry pi - so i just hope for an update
As a side note: the IMDB # can manually be inserted in a refresh instead of the name (date) and you will be rewarded with the correct tag. On a scrape, the db puts forth a half dozen movies of the same name (I guess they're running out of names ) and without any differentiation XBMC doesn't have the smarts... putting the date in brackets after the name helps a lot and as 'Live4ever' noted putting them in folders with that name is the charm. Using theRenamer (software) not only properly renames your movies, but throws them into a folder with date of the same name... and will do batches, drag & drop.
(2012-08-14, 10:49)vdrfan Wrote: Clean string regexp (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...strings.3E) might work for but you'll loose the id lookups. As Ned wrote, XBMC only supports them in .nfo files.

Ok, i tried several things with cleanstrings, but i dont get the result i want. Rename thousand of files will be my last resort, so - can you explain which string i have to use with cleanstrings to get rid of the tt1234567 ?

Last thing i tried was:

video>
<cleanstrings>
<regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|tt…….]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
<regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
</cleanstrings>
</video>

without effect. As you can see, i inserted the tt and used points as wildcard.

Second:
i just made an experiment: i created indiana jones.avi.
And what did universal craper return? INDIANA JONES 5 !!
Really, i cant believe that the scrapers in xbmc do work so badly. Is it my mistake? How to solve? Is there a scraper which, for example, delivers the 5 nearest results from which the user can choose the correct one?

Quote:i just made an experiment: i created indiana jones.avi.
And what did universal craper return? INDIANA JONES 5 !!
Really, i cant believe that the scrapers in xbmc do work so badly. Is it my mistake? How to solve? Is there a scraper which, for example, delivers the 5 nearest results from which the user can choose the correct one?
XBMC doesn't have the smarts to decide which Indiana Jones you want without the date, and assumes the first one.... A simple refresh and manual scrape will bring them all up and others for your choosing if you don't include the date. Auto scrapings presumes you have your nomenclature straight with date to ward off a case of multiples (and there is always multiples).
The big lol is that you are coming here as a new member, making judgements in your first posts, but expecting help at the same time.

You were also given a pointer to the advancedsettings.xml, but seems your willingness (or maybe something with reading ability) to resolve this in your own is not so much. The first section in the linked wiki page gives you the layout/structure of the advancedsettings.xml file which you obviously missed. ...and what is your conclusion after all? You come back and making judgements again.

On the side note: IMDb and Universal scrapers are using the same searching engine (IMDb) and the same matching mechanism, so the results can't be different. This tells me something about your testing capabilities as well.

As being said a couple of times: movie title + year gives nearly (if not) 100% matching of movies. Following that you try a movie title which doesn't even exist (Indiana Jones) without a year...

All in all, it's definitely your mistake yes. ...and your behaviour and style results in the lack of help.

However, to pull you out of the trouble, here is an advancedsettings xml which does work in your case:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](ac3|tt\d*|dts|custom|dc|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\[.*\])([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|$)</regexp>
   <regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

...and no, you shouldn't expect XBMC to handle this by default. You are using an extremly uncommon file naming convention.
Also the fact that you read that XBMC can take the IMDb id from filename and use it wrong.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems: Scrapers deliver very few results & Screensize0