Stream live to other device
I use XBMC for music and then wander about the house doing my chores. Is it possible to have a live stream to another device with XBMC, VLC or Winamp (as I only need audio) so I can have music in more than one room. I have a HTPC in the living room running XBMCbuntu connected to a decent cinema system and a netbook connected to the stereo in the kitchen (already use Winamp there but would prefer stream from xbmc). Any ideas?
Here's one option: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134943
Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow, that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Ok, I can confirm this works, but here are the drawbacks. The XSqueeze addon doesn't play nice with the Aeon Nox skin with my remote, but works ok when I changed to a kb & m. The XSqueeze media browser is a little lacking, with 20,000 songs it's very awkward to browse through my collection, there is no list you must go through it artist by artist. Lets hope I can control it with an Android app, I'm on the hunt now to try some out
The official Logitech Android app works flawlessly and is very decent, just what I was looking for. I can separately control either player and even set them to synchronise from within the app. You have to register on squeezebox.com for the app to sign in, it then finds all Squeezebox devices (XSqueeze on XBMC) on your Lan.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mVtb3RlIl0.
(2012-08-15, 12:51)PogMoThoin Wrote: Ok, I can confirm this works, but here are the drawbacks. The XSqueeze addon doesn't play nice with the Aeon Nox skin with my remote, but works ok when I changed to a kb & m. The XSqueeze media browser is a little lacking, with 20,000 songs it's very awkward to browse through my collection, there is no list you must go through it artist by artist. Lets hope I can control it with an Android app, I'm on the hunt now to try some out

Can you clarify your comments here - what doesn't work with your remote with Nox (I believe others are using this)?

And what about the browser is lacking as such - it has entry points for artists/albums/genres/etc....but I can add other things I guess?

And yes, obviously, if you want to use an external controller, there are much more polished options...

But I am happy to consider improvements and have tried to get skinners on board without much luck so far....but the XBMC way of requiring add ons to basically have a .zml file per skin is pretty painful....if there were at least a standard set of font/sizes it would be a LOT easier...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I have this remote, only the basic buttons work in XBMCbuntu and I haven't bothered to figure out how to map the rest. The up, down, left and right buttons work fine for browsing through my XBMC collection but do not work in this plugin.

My main issue with the plugin is that it does not show artists in a list, only one by one. Other than that it works fine.
Ok seems like you've misunderstood the plugin...you might want to read the wiki entry Add-on:XSqueeze (wiki)

First - hit 'i' on your keyboard to start a proper music chooser - here you can get a whole list of artists, rather than using the simulated embedded player on the main screen (which shows things one by one, just like a real Squeezebox).

The only remote buttons you really need working are Left, Right, Up, Down, Ok, Exit (Big Back, usually the green button) and ideally Info. If they work in XBMC, they will work in XSqueeze by definition (the events go straight through), but only to control the embedded player in the way Squeezeboxes work in 'real life', until you hit 'info' to go into the chooser where the remote will function more like a standard XBMC remote.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream live to other device0