Auto-Adding previously unavailable metadata?
I have sickbeard set to gather tv shows, rename and drop them where they need to go, create the nfo/tbn files, then run an XBMC library update. I also have the "XBMC Auto Library Update" set to update ever 4 hours, and clean once a day. Most of the time this works perfectly. But if a piece of the metadata (plot overview for example) isn't available from thetvdb at the time the file is added, I can't seem to get XBMC to collect it later, short of doing a manual refresh on the episode itself.

I thought the problem might be that Sickbeard was writing the nfo as <plot> </plot>, causing XMBC to import a blank space for the entire entry, and thus nothing to look for later. But the nfo is showing <plot />. For that matter, I'm not sure if XBMC is using the nfo even on the initial import.

Am I missing a setting within XBMC to look for missing metadata? Would it help if I turn off the nfo file writing from Sickbeard and let XBMC do the initial scrape? Or is there maybe a 3rd party plugin to look for missing data?

Once scraped, XBMC doesn't rescrape anything unless you refresh. During the initial scrape, if there's a full nfo XML file (without a link to thetvdb in it) then XBMC will use it directly. One presumes that removing this and having XBMC fetch it will have the same issue anyway as if sickbeard doesn't find the plot, then XBMC probably won't either, right?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I knew the internal scraper wouldn't find info sickbeard couldn't, I was just hoping the lack of searching later was due to the initial "scrape" coming from the nfo import. Something like a permanent local-file over ride.

Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll have to go at this a different way.

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? It seems to be occurring on a more regular basis for me recently.
It's not auto (but could be) go and bug Martijn about adding episodes to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132714 He's cuddly really Wink
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-Adding previously unavailable metadata?0