OS X Very Slow GUI
Could you just stop having that special configuration please? :p

Well when XBMC is windowed we really put some afford into it for getting it rendering slow (and don't burn the cpu). If the XBMC window is 100% covered (either by one or multiple other windows) or otherwise invisible (other desktop and the like) you really should see that the cpu usage of the XBMC process drops down to nearly 0 %...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Xbmc should cover all special configurations. Big Grin Is it not possible to put XBMC really in front of all programs if active in FS mode? I mean before shades?
XBMC OSX/iOS/ATV2 Builds (margro): http://xbmc.picmania.org
yes, windowed is different than full screen mode.
fixed shades offender ... i don't know of any possibility to make xbmc really top most.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thank you, will test that tomorrow. But maybe there are other apps, which could be always on top. So this should be just a temporarily solution.

(2012-08-18, 01:29)TheChief79 Wrote: Xbmc should cover all special configurations. Big Grin Is it not possible to put XBMC really in front of all programs if active in FS mode? I mean before shades?

Personally, I don't use dimmers for LCDs, they don't help with backlight life and you might as well have some silly screen saver running. I set up my LCDs boxes to turn off the display after n seconds, that way the backlight life is extended.

Yes it is possible for real full screen mode to present in front of everything. there's an advancedsettings.xml setting for that but beware that everything means every other 'window' including the dock and system notification. So if XBMC ever hangs, there are two ways to regain control, 1) force reboot or 2) ssh in from another box and kill xbmc.

Debugging this real fullscreen mode is quite fun, the only way to do it is under a two screen setup with xcode on one and xbmc on the other.

I use Shades, because the iMac screen has to much brightness for me. In the morning or in the evening, this can be painful for the eyes. Big Grin Screen savers i dont use, my screen will be switched of after some minutes. Shades does not really dim the backlight, it places a black overlay over the screen and you can reduce or increase transparency of it. The overlay is the problem, why the frame rate limiter reduces my framerate.

The short code workes. Thank you!

XBMC always on top i dont want, you wrote the reasons.
Well patches are welcome. I also hate it to hardcode the windowname here but there is no way to detect those windows. Osx reports an alpha of 1.0 for the shades window. So its not transparent in the view of XBMC and we have to treat it as if it hides the xbmc window behind it (and therefore reducing the cpu load by throttle the renderer).
(2012-08-18, 11:18)TheChief79 Wrote: I use Shades, because the iMac screen has to much brightness for me. In the morning or in the evening, this can be painful for the eyes. Big Grin Screen savers i dont use, my screen will be switched of after some minutes. Shades does not really dim the backlight, it places a black overlay over the screen and you can reduce or increase transparency of it. The overlay is the problem, why the frame rate limiter reduces my framerate.

fn-1 (decrease brightness), fn-2 (increase brightness) ...

(2012-08-18, 14:34)davilla Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 11:18)TheChief79 Wrote: I use Shades, because the iMac screen has to much brightness for me. In the morning or in the evening, this can be painful for the eyes. Big Grin Screen savers i dont use, my screen will be switched of after some minutes. Shades does not really dim the backlight, it places a black overlay over the screen and you can reduce or increase transparency of it. The overlay is the problem, why the frame rate limiter reduces my framerate.

fn-1 (decrease brightness), fn-2 (increase brightness) ...

That does not dim enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very Slow GUI0