HD Audio cuts out after pausing video
Hello, everyone.

I have a weird issue with XBMC when bit streaming HD Audio to my receiver. Everything plays smoothly and sounds excellent and the receiver will display the current audio format (DTS, Dolby TrueHD, etc.). However, if I pause the video for any longer then a few seconds the audio cuts out completely. I either have to log out or restart my PC for the sound to turn back on. The video formats are MKV created from Blu Rays. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

System specs:
Processor Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.8ghz
12GB Memory
ATI Radeon 5870 (used for audio as well) Catalyst drivers 12.6
2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB SSD RAID 0
XBMC 11.0 July Release

Hello, everyone.

An update on my situation. I will add some more specifics in case anyone has a similar issue.

1.) This issue started occurring on a fresh reload of Windows 7 64-bit build 7600
2.) Downloaded the latest STABLE release of XBMC fixed the issue. However, there is a glitch with the stable release with Xbox 360 Wireless controllers. XBMC 11.0 crashes when the controller disconnects/reconnects. To solve this, I found another XBMC build from before reloading my OS. The exact version I do not know, so if someone was so inclined they could message me how to find it and I can post it. On this build, I had to enable vertical syncing to solve a stuttering problem on HD content.

So, everything is working and that is what I had to do to fix it.
Glad it's all working out for you... Getting the version number for XBMC is Settings>System Info> hardware information> (it's on the left slider menu) the version # should be appear somewhere.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio cuts out after pausing video0