[Nightly] Sluggish menu browsing
All August builds of the nightlies appear to suffer from sluggish menu browsing. The last good build where I don't experience any lag is July 30th's. While it is getting better, The August 1st build crawls when browsing, the sluggishness is still present.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Was something changed in XBMC between the July 30th and August 1st build that would account for this poor performance?
sorry I don't quite understand "sluggish"...do you mean that you lack some frame per second, some stuuter when you re browsing xbmc?
if so I have the same problem....do you use fullscreen or vertical sync?
(2012-08-15, 04:07)bakito Wrote: sorry I don't quite understand "sluggish"...do you mean that you lack some frame per second, some stuuter when you re browsing xbmc?
if so I have the same problem....do you use fullscreen or vertical sync?

By sluggish, I mean navigating through the menu is slow. By menu, I also mean ALL menus - even the system menus. It's certainly much slower than the July 30th build. Where I can browse through my movie library of 1500+ movies in less than 10 seconds it now can take up to a minute or two. I've even waited up to an hour thinking it might be an image caching issue - the caching system hadn't completely finished caching all images - but it didn't make a difference.

This happens regardless of the view type or skin used. It also appears regardless of whether or not fullscreen window / true fullscreen or vertical sync is enabled / disabled.
well if so ...sorry can't help you much...did you try to enable dirty region with the "advancesetting.xml" stuff?
don't know if it will work but...
sorry I'm not very useful to you...
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Nightly] Sluggish menu browsing0