Concurrent Video Issues
Quick technical breakdown:
Windows 7
4GB RAM
Athlon II 240
Radeon 6570

Current issues, not sure if they're known about as I couldn't locate them in the bug tracker:

-
Quote:Upon playing a VC-1 video under DXVA, playback seems very choppy. Essentially like it's running at half the rate the movie is normally playing at. CPU usage is not high (so DXVA seems to be working properly). Under VLC on the same system, the movie plays fine (Blu-Ray remuxed source)
UPDATE: Above issue also presents itself under VLC. Apparently I had GPU accel. turned off. (which unfortunately is okay under VLC but not fast enough under XBMC). Once I turned GPU accel. back on, VLC was also choppy. Most likely an AMD driver bug (there's been a LOT on this card, steer clear)
- When setting the playback to "Adjust display refresh rate to match video", videos tend to lose Audio sync over time. This happens regardless of the A/V sync method. This doesn't happen when that setting is disabled.

Small request, but I'm not even sure if it's possible to implement.

- Is it possible to detect errors in DXVA playback, and fallback to software if those errors pop up? I have a few videos in my library that aren't really DXVA compatible, so I get endlessly repeating frames or just green frames.
(2012-08-15, 03:43)MukiDA Wrote: Small request, but I'm not even sure if it's possible to implement.

- Is it possible to detect errors in DXVA playback, and fallback to software if those errors pop up? I have a few videos in my library that aren't really DXVA compatible, so I get endlessly repeating frames or just green frames.

XBMC does this to some extent. I hear from the devs that this isn't very easy since there's only so much XBMC can detect ahead of time, and there are some hardware decoders that will be more "tolerant" than others, and various other factors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Concurrent Video Issues0