Pause frame by frame?
(2013-12-30, 20:10)arnova Wrote: It does for Raspberry Pi only..

Why is that? Will it be ported to the normal XBMC player as well?

I also have been waiting for this feature for a very long time.
(2013-12-30, 20:51)Temar Wrote: Why is that? Will it be ported to the normal XBMC player as well?

Raspberry Pi uses a different media player (omxplayer) and the openmax layer provided a frame advance method.

The code in dvdplayer is disabled and from the comment that is due to difficulty in keeping audio/video synced after stepping.
It's a shame that things so often do not improve to the better user experience.
I was hoping that I could phase out my old DVD hardware player in favor of a single solution with the latest technology but Sad
I have several DVDs with dance hall and judo training lessons and some motion sequences are really hard to adapt if you can't play slowly forward and backwards.
I also use the looping mode where I can set a start and a stop marker to repeatedly view complicated short sequences and my player can even move forward and backwards by single frames.
The latter is also useful in many modern action movies (like the avenger series) because sometimes the action is so fast that it's almost impossible to really see what was going on (especially when the scene is quite dark)
So I guess I need to wait another while until players will again become useful for those special needs.
(BTW. there are software players for the PC which can do the required tasks but for learning dance moves I want to exercise in front of my tv and use a remote instead of sitting in a chair and use a mouse)
I'm waiting for this feature, too

As workaround I'm using a little trick to do that. I've written a small script which plays the movie for a very short time and then stops again. This script I've called if I'm pressing the blank key. So I press first the pause key and then I can press the blank key several times. Each press runs the video for a some milliseconds.

But I'm still hoping that we have some day a real frame by frame solution and slow motion in Kodi.

Best wishes
Bernhard
Still not able to find anything on how to do this, if there is even a way or any hope for the future.
Im using it for theater performances playback and those features would be great !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause frame by frame?0