Refresh rate change only for 29.97
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I can configure XBMC to only change the refresh rate from the standard 50 to 60 for 30fps/29.97 material only. I don't have much material at this framerate so I usually have the match refresh rate option turned off. As I've found if I keep it turned on it gets quite irritating the blank screen and pause for every video which appear stutter free @ 50hz anyway.
Ok nevermind, after much searching and trial and error I made an advancedsettings.xml with the correct override for that particular frame rate. Seems to work for me so far. The only issue I have is with some odd DVD rips that report the framerate as 30fps and it starts the episodes at that framerate then it drops to 24fps at which point the refresh rate changes to match it. Kinda annoying as it happens within the first 30 seconds pretty much every time.

Anyway, here's the settings I use if anyone else is interested.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video> <!-- "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->
  <!-- fps detection for video playback, 0 = trust codec fps, 1 = recalculate from video timestamps with uniform spacing, 2 = recalculate from video timestamps always -->
  <fpsdetect>1</fpsdetect>
  <!-- Settings for when "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" is enabled, available since r33806. -->
  <!-- NOT available in the Dharma release or any release before that -->
  <adjustrefreshrate>

<!-- "Adjust refreshrate to match video fps" will try to select the best refreshrate for the video fps -->
    <!-- but it doesn't always get it right, for example it might switch to an unsupported refreshrate. -->

<!-- You can add overrides here to switch to a certain refreshrate based on video fps -->
    <!-- It's possible to add as many overrides as you need. -->
    <!-- Overrides are processed in order, if the first one doesn't match the fps or no refreshrates match -->
    <!-- that override, it will try the next one until no overrides are left -->

<override>
      <fpsmin>23</fpsmin>       <!-- if the fps is between 23.966 and 23.986 -->
      <fpsmax>24</fpsmax>
      <refresh>50.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 49.99 and 50.01 -->
    </override>

<override>
      <fpsmin>29.96</fpsmin>        <!-- You can also specify the fps range yourself -->
      <fpsmax>30.01</fpsmax>
      <refreshmin>59.0</refreshmin> <!-- Same for the refreshrate -->
      <refreshmax>61.0</refreshmax>
    </override>

<!-- It none of the overrides match, or none of the refreshrates match any of the fps matching overrides, -->
    <!-- it will choose a fallback refreshrate. Fallbacks are process in order, if the first fallback doesn't match -->
    <!-- any refreshrate, it will try the next one until no fallbacks are left -->
    <fallback>
      <refresh>50.0</refresh> <!-- switch to the first found refreshrate that is between 49.99 and 50.01. -->
    </fallback>

<!-- If none of the overrides match the video fps, or no refreshrates match any of the fps matching overrides, -->
    <!-- and no fallbacks are specified or no refreshrates match any fallbacks, -->
    <!-- it will automatically choose the best refreshrate (same as having no overrides and fallbacks). -->
  </adjustrefreshrate>
</video> <!-- use "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh rate change only for 29.970