Two dedicated boxes: living room and guest bedroom
+
Two laptops for travel
+
Hp touchpad for bedroom

EDIT: All media on an unraid server in the basement, mysql library
6 fixed installed devices / 5 mobile devices

Living Room
AppleTV 2 - Samsung 40" LED TV (for the future a 720p LED Beamer)
Latest Nightly

iMac Mid 2009
Latest Nightly

Bed Room
AppleTV 2 - Samsung 27" LCD TV
Latest Nightly

Kitchen
AppleTV 2 - Samsung 27" LCD TV
Latest Nightly

Bathroom
MSI Wind U100 Netbook (+ Airport Express) (+ some cheap speakers)
Linux Mint + Eden Stable

Office
Intellibook - Samsung 19" LED Monitor (+ some cheap speakers)

Everywhere
MacBook Aluminium Unibody Late 2008
Latest Nightly

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s / iPad 1 / iPad 2

All are powered by a HP N36L Microserver with dual DVB-S2 Tuner and 8 TB of storage and a centralized mySQL database.

Kirky99 - whats your plan for hardware in the car? I have done carputer installs before and I actually have a PC built that i was planning to install in my current vehicle, but never got around to getting a 12 volt power supply, or headrest monitors. Right now I'm considering getting a used Apple Time Capsule, replacing the power supply with a 12 volt one (or just use an inverter), and using it as a wireless hard drive for the iPad in the car or anywhere i need a portable system. It seems like it would be quick, easy and without any permanent changes to the car. Thoughts?
For hardware, I'm building up an A6-3500 on a ASRock A75M-ITX. I want it to be a full replacement for my existing radio. I put a DVD/NAV unit in my other car and thought I can build something better . I'm really undecided on the front end to use right now. XBMC would solve most of my problems, but there's like 5% that's making me think something like Centrafuse or RideRunner might be a bette choice. NAV is the biggest, but for the limited time I use/need NAV, I might just let that go.

I'd like to get the Touched skin working on this and see how it goes...

I thought about a carputer, but decided to go with an android tablet instead. I'll probably get a galaxy tab 2 7in with 4G LTE (coming out next week)

XBMC on android already works really well for SD material. Hopefully soon, HD will work with acceleration as well. Google Nav is excellent on a tab with data connection. You can have a customized launcher designed for in car use (like the dock apps)
(2012-08-17, 14:33)Inexistence Wrote: Hey longsh0t... What do you do for storage?

I have 2 old Dell Precision 390s that I'm using for unRAID servers for movies and TV shows. Movie server is 6TB usable and my show server has 4TB usable. I could have probably streamed everything from a single box if I ever had hardware issues at least we could watch either movies or TV shows during the downtime. Smile

Three, all stream media from my Synology NAS DS 411+ II using a mysql DB. It's so sweet, you wouldn't believe it even if you saw it.
Not nearly enough.
All I have is my HP Pavilion laptop and an external 2TB Seagate drive. Currently trying to price some options and actually make the move for a dedicated HTPC for my basement. Maybe during tax time I'll have the money to use. Just can't justify it right now after buying the new house.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
(2012-08-17, 21:36)joebrady Wrote: Not nearly enough.

That's probably the most accurate answer for most of us Blush
1 HTPC (Family room)
1 MAC Mini 2011 (My bedroom)
2 iPad (Kids & wife)
1 HP mini (Daughter room)
1 Dell Vostro 200S (Son Room)
1 Apple TV
1 Dell M4400 (office)
all running XBMC

Storage (File Server) HP MicroServer N40L Proliant (5TB)

(2012-08-17, 20:55)longsh0t Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 14:33)Inexistence Wrote: Hey longsh0t... What do you do for storage?

I have 2 old Dell Precision 390s that I'm using for unRAID servers for movies and TV shows. Movie server is 6TB usable and my show server has 4TB usable. I could have probably streamed everything from a single box if I ever had hardware issues at least we could watch either movies or TV shows during the downtime. Smile

Nice rack! Big Grin
Openelec PVR in lounge...
XBMC on Mac...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

3 all together help setting friends hes got 5 XBMC setups...

Were XBMC nuts...
Openelec PVR in lounge 6tb of storage...
XBMC PVR on 27in I3 Mac in bedroom...
Ipad 2 running XBMC...

What more do you want...
currently only have 2
nettop in the lounge and my desktop in the study will be building a 3rd once i have the pennies to replace the nettop in lounge with something nicer looking and then the nettop can be strapped to the back of the tv in the bedroom Smile
will have to decide on storage /server to so media is available everywhere Smile ill update post once done
Hey fellas...

Well...as for me, caught the HTPC bug bout 18mo ago after discovering XBMC and wow, like a dumb ass, have spent wayyy too much coin on the hobby. BUT, only because I figured that XBMC was such awesome software and could possible allow me to cut the cable cord. Currently, XBMC/HTPC's in three areas.. Office, living-room, and bedroom. Plus one XBMC box on stand-by, once or if there is finally a JB for the AppleTV3!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many XBMC machines do you have?1