How many XBMC machines do you have?
1x Lounge room (Laptop hooked up via HDMI)
1x iPad 2

COMING SOON

1x Dedicated HTPC in Lounge room
1x Dedicated HTPC in Kids toy room
1x iPad 2
1x Dedicated HTPC in Master bedroom
1x Dedicated Server

(If anyone wants to help me there is a link in my signature)
Like CptHook, I caught the xbmc bug and have spent way too much on this "hobby".

My current setup is served by an unRAID server with 12TB of storage space (so far):

1: Living Room - AMD A8-3870K Micro-ATX based system - Runs XBMC with the ROM collection browser so the kids... or dad.. can play any old emulated games using the wireless controllers
2: Master Bedroom - AMD A6-3500 Mini-ITX based system
3: Family Room - Re-purposed Intel Core2 Duo E4500 mini-tower desktop PC
4: Misc - 2 Raspberry Pi's randomly used for playing with and using for other purposes. One of these was originally going to be my RV system but not being able to play non- H.264 encoded video currently got me to build the below dedicated RV system.

5: Motorhome - Intel Core i3-2120T Mini-ITX based system, dedicated to use in the RV while away from home. This also runs the Rom Collection Browser for gaming while on the road with the kids.

The Motorhome's media storage is handled by a 4 disk, USB 3 enclosure with four 3TB disks (12TB total). The USB enclosure is brought inside and plugged into the unRAID server which is running the S.N.A.P. addon. When I plug the enclosure in, unRAID mounts the array and automatically copies any missing media to the USB array. Very nice because, until I exceed the 12TB on the unRAID server, I have a full backup of all my data as well as the parity protection unRAID provides.

HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-08-19, 14:10)Mick1152 Wrote: Like CptHook, I caught the xbmc bug and have spent way too much on this "hobby".

My current setup is served by an unRAID server with 12TB of storage space (so far):

1: Living Room - AMD A8-3870K Micro-ATX based system - Runs XBMC with the ROM collection browser so the kids... or dad.. can play any old emulated games using the wireless controllers
2: Master Bedroom - AMD A6-3500 Mini-ITX based system
3: Family Room - Re-purposed Intel Core2 Duo E4500 mini-tower desktop PC
4: Misc - 2 Raspberry Pi's randomly used for playing with and using for other purposes. One of these was originally going to be my RV system but not being able to play non- H.264 encoded video currently got me to build the below dedicated RV system.

5: Motorhome - Intel Core i3-2120T Mini-ITX based system, dedicated to use in the RV while away from home. This also runs the Rom Collection Browser for gaming while on the road with the kids.

The Motorhome's media storage is handled by a 4 disk, USB 3 enclosure with four 3TB disks (12TB total). The USB enclosure is brought inside and plugged into the unRAID server which is running the S.N.A.P. addon. When I plug the enclosure in, unRAID mounts the array and automatically copies any missing media to the USB array. Very nice because, until I exceed the 12TB on the unRAID server, I have a full backup of all my data as well as the parity protection unRAID provides.

S.N.A.P - I have to look into that.
11 Xboxes and 3 HTPC's across 2 houses.
(2012-08-19, 17:47)rufrothy Wrote: 11 Xboxes and 3 HTPC's across 2 houses.

Wow... 11. Original XBOX?
(2012-08-19, 17:47)rufrothy Wrote: 11 Xboxes and 3 HTPC's across 2 houses.

11 Xboxes, that's borderline hoarding Tongue

By the way, my wife thinks I am a media hoarder (and I don't have nearly as much stuff as some of you guys, only 7.5TB worth). And I say it's fine, because they don't clutter up the house. Digital hoarding is not that bad. A single unraid server can satisfy my hoarding needs, lol
(2012-08-19, 12:00)AaronG85 Wrote: 1x Lounge room (Laptop hooked up via HDMI)
1x iPad 2

COMING SOON

1x iPad 2
1x Dedicated Server

Here is my lounge. Going to add one here soon also.
(2012-08-21, 00:00)Inexistence Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 12:00)AaronG85 Wrote: 1x Lounge room (Laptop hooked up via HDMI)
1x iPad 2

COMING SOON

1x iPad 2
1x Dedicated Server

The kitchen XBMC

Here is my lounge. Going to add one here soon also.

3 Xbox
1 Win PC
2 Raspberry
2 Droids
1 Laptop

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2012-08-23, 22:41)xbs08 Wrote: 3 Xbox
1 Win PC
2 Raspberry
2 Droids
1 Laptop

What do you think of e raspberry pi for media center use?
The Raspberry Pi is improving every day. There are three prebuilt distros with xbmc (that I know of), Raspbmc, OpenELEC, and XBIAN. I've been bouncing back and forth between all of them. Seems any given day one of them may have the advantage over the others. XBIAN is overclocked by default which gives it a bit of an edge in a straight comparison between the other two.

The Pi won't handle MPEG2, Divx, Xvid decoding so the movies have to be H.264 encoded. I was going to use the Pi as my RV system but, ended up building a dedicated system, especially since about a quarter of my library is old DVD rips and I don't have an audio receiver in my RV so the Pi would have to handle the DD or DTS decoding its self. It'll do it now, with a touch of overclocking.

My son is using one in his room hooked up to his TV and he's loving it. All of his friends were amazed by it when he had them over this weekend. Depending on your library content, it can be a very good media center solution.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-08-24, 05:16)Mick1152 Wrote: The Pi won't handle MPEG2,

Yes it can you just need to buy the License keys

http://www.raspberrypi.com/license-keys/
I will have by the end of the weekend 5 XBMC setup in my house.

Have 4 Raspberry Pis

One living room, one Master Bedroom and 2 Spoilt childrens rooms Wink

Pi is working well, Xvid absolutely no issue Raspbmc works ok, as do most MKV.

Only ones I have had trouble with are DTS files, on the 3 pi's in my home without a dedicated DTS receiver.

Hoping the DTS decoding licence will land some time soon so it can be done in hardware not software.
I was just gifted a raspberry pi. Cant wait to try it out!
6 Total so far.
Master bedroom. Zotac ion with openelec
Living room. Zotac fusion with openelec
Daughters room. Sony laptop hooked to tv with windows
Study. IMac
Raspberry pi Testing currently for a entertainment package for SUV
IPad 3. Just to play with

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many XBMC machines do you have?1