Win [solved] TSReader and rewind/fast forward -> play issue
I was getting some complaints from the other half that the rewind/fast forward functionality of my XBMC setup wasn't up to snuff. So, I set out to find the best way to rewind and fast forward using mediaportal. I had been using FFMPEG for so long and I thought it was great but it would timeshift choppily a few times and then just stop letting me rewind/fast forward altogether. Then I found out that the TSReader will now rewind and fast forward. HUZZAH! Well I switched it to tsreader, unchecked the options for RTSP and Fast channel switching and everything seemed like it was going great. However, I found a situation that will make the video feed freeze 100% of the time.

Streaming ATSC from antenna locally using a usb TV Card. Mediaportal 1.2.3 and XBMC plugin 1.2.3.116. Margro newest 12.x alpha 3 (from 7-30-12 or 30-7-12 whichever you prefer)

I let the show play for a bit to let the timeshift get some substance. Then I rewind. Working great so far. I hit play. Good now. I then hit fast forward. Fast forwards just fine. Then it gets to the end of the .ts file and stutters around (which I think it should just autoplay, but who am I to judge). So now I hit play, nothing happens. The time along the bottom still counts as if it's playing, but the video is now frozen. This happens to me 100% of the time with the TSReader.

To get the best possible results from my PVR Live TV setup should I just the TSReader with RTSP streaming server?

I can post a debug if need be. I'm assuming it's just the xbmc.log file right?
I changed around some timeshift settings in mediaportal and set my timeshift drive to c: instead of f: . Problem seems to be solved.

Tsreader is awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] TSReader and rewind/fast forward -> play issue0