[OSX/iOS] Little problem compiling samba [solved]
Each time when i compile the OSX/iOS build depends it stops on compiling samba. I get something like:

ld: in bin/libwbclient.a, archive has no table of contents
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bin/libsmbclient.dylib.0] Error 1

I have to run "ranlib libwbclient.a" in the source3/bin folder manually, before i can finally build samba.

How can this be fixed? Maybe this can be placed in the Makefile?

I'm using Xcode 4.3.2 on Lion 10.7.4, but i had this issue on 10.6 and XCode 3.x, too.

If you need additional information, let me know.
need more info, what hw are you building under ? make or make -jX in depends ? , etc.
I'm building on an iMac 8,1 and i just build with "make" according to the README.osx/ios. I have this issue since new build system. I already tried to delete all stuff under /Users/shared/xbmc-depends, but no success. make always stops at samba due to this error. Can you build samba without error?

Thanks for your help
If building samba gave me an error, I'd fix it Smile

pastebin the build output for building samba

make -C tools/darwin/depends/samba distclean
make -C tools/darwin/depends/samba
Here we go: http://pastebin.com/Xp83GfsR
very odd, checking a from scratch build
I have this from the beginning i build XBMC for OSX/iOS, dont know why. Let me know, if you have any idea.
do you have macports installed or is this a neked 10.7.4 setup.
Ealier i had macports on 10.6, but after the new build system i removed everything from /opt/local. Maybe i missed something at another place?

EDIT: I will try this: http://guide.macports.org/chunked/instal...lling.html
This didn't help, no success...strange.
my build from scratch was fine. zero problems with samba.
Hm, i have no idea. Can you tell me, where i could place "ranlib bin/libwbclient.a" in the Makefiles of samba, that i can make a patch for myself and that i can compile without stopping at samba?

Or maybe it is an issue in the PVR deleopment tree? I just compile margros/opdenkamps xbmc branch.

Thanks
Oh, you are in PVR deleopment tree, who knows where that branch is with respect to mainline. Please checkout mainline git and build depends from it.
The sources are the same as in the mainline. There is no change i the darwin depends. I still get this error and need a solution, that i can automate my compile process.

It is always the same error and the process breaks at samba:

Code:
Linking non-shared library bin/libwbclient.a
Linking shared library bin/libsmbclient.dylib.0
ld: warning: -pie being ignored. It is only used when linking a main executable
ld: in bin/libwbclient.a, archive has no table of contents for architecture i386
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/libsmbclient.dylib.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [samba-3.6.0/source3/bin/libsmbclient.dylib] Error 2
make: *** [samba] Error 2

I always have to run "ranlib source3/bin/libwbclient.a". So can i put this command somewhere in the Makefile of samba?

Thanks
TheChief

EDIT: I think I solved the problem for me putting @ranlib $@ in Makefile.in in samba-3.6.0/source3 line 2243 and created a new tarball in Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs.
Finally, i found out, that all my problem are casused by iTerm.app. No when i use Terminal.app, everything works. So this is solved!

iTerm.app i will remove.

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX/iOS] Little problem compiling samba [solved]0