Win Advanced launcher not showing C:\
Dear all,
i am having the most strange issue, i haven't used the "advanced launcher" in a long time ( maybe not since a few versions of XBMC) and now that i want to use it it wont do what it is supposed to do.
the issue is quite simple ( screen shot: http://snag.gy/7SHn7.jpg)

i have a mapped drive Z:\ which shows all my network drives for easy access, and i don't know why the "advanced launcher" only shows it! and not C:\ as well so i can choose local applications to use. i don't even know where it picked z:\ from at all i only use it in the video source to add my network locations.

uninstalling the addon and putting back did not help ( done from the xbmc addon menu, not manually)
any help would be very appreciated!

Windows 7 32 bit / advanced launcher 1.7.6
Thanks
Oren

xbmc info:

Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit build 7600. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 50Hz
Running with restricted rights
Aero is disabled
special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\XBMC
special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\XBMC
special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
The executable running is: C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Local hostname: MPC
Log File is located: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
(2012-08-17, 18:29)oren256 Wrote: Dear all,
i am having the most strange issue, i haven't used the "advanced launcher" in a long time ( maybe not since a few versions of XBMC) and now that i want to use it it wont do what it is supposed to do.
the issue is quite simple ( screen shot: http://snag.gy/7SHn7.jpg)

i have a mapped drive Z:\ which shows all my network drives for easy access, and i don't know why the "advanced launcher" only shows it! and not C:\ as well so i can choose local applications to use. i don't even know where it picked z:\ from at all i only use it in the video source to add my network locations.

uninstalling the addon and putting back did not help ( done from the xbmc addon menu, not manually)
any help would be very appreciated!

Windows 7 32 bit / advanced launcher 1.7.6
Thanks
Oren

xbmc info:

Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit build 7600. Built on Mar 21 2012 (compiler 1600)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 50Hz
Running with restricted rights
Aero is disabled
special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\XBMC
special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\XBMC
special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
The executable running is: C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Local hostname: MPC
Log File is located: C:\Users\MPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

Quote:Add Network or Local drives

It will be possible that, for your first use of Advanced Launcher, you will be not able to see or access any of your network or local drives. To solve this you will have to do the following: Go back to the XBMC home-screen and select the "System" item (assuming you are using the "Confluence"-Skin which is default) - do not open the menu-item! -and press the down arrow to select the "File Manager" submenu. In the next screen add a source via the "Add Source" entrie. Now technically it does not matter what you add as a source. In order to use your whole hard-drive just add the whole hard drive to the sources, you won’t have any side-effects (except you will have to navigate more while creating new launchers).
Source : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3
Also, last version of Advanced Launcher is 1.8.10 not 1.7.6.
Hi Angelscry, thanks very much!! that worked indeed.

any idea why XBMC is not asking me to update the addon and seeing 1.7.6 as the latest? i try to only let xbmc update things so i dont mess it up.

Cheers
Oren
(2012-08-17, 21:21)oren256 Wrote: any idea why XBMC is not asking me to update the addon and seeing 1.7.6 as the latest? i try to only let xbmc update things so i dont mess it up.
Simply because XBMC repository maintainers do not want to host the last versions of Advanced Launcher in state. If you want to have last updated versions of Advanced Launcher, just install my repository.

oh alright, didn't know that.

Thanks again for your help
Oren

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced launcher not showing C:\0