...idea for small changes to context menu
just a small request Smile
most skins which want to deliver fast access to trailers without entering the info dialog use some button outside of the container with an onclick to start the trailer. since this doesn´t work with all viewtypes (--> panel containers) and makes navigation more complicated i added a new option to nox yesterday which allows to move the trailer button to context menu.
small quote:
(2012-08-17, 01:12)phil65 Wrote: added a new option which allows to move the trailer button from media menu to context menu.
that change
a) gives quick access to trailers for wall / infowall / bannerplex etc users
b) tidies up the media menu and makes it item-unspecific
c) works well with choose dialog on film selection (can be toggled in video settings)
d) just makes sense

i wonder if this shouldn´t be built-in since it just makes sense to me to have that option there.
in addition i think that the "update database" button should move into the sidebar of the skins since that option is not item-specific (at least when focus is on a movie list)

feel free to ignore those suggestions, just tryin to help improving the user experience

cheers

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Looks logical to me! Nice addition.
Did the same thing with XeeBo -

Might be better to request it in the Feature Suggestions section.
+1 from me as well.
i've always found the trailer button outside of the list to be a pain in the behind :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Seems like a sensible suggestion. I'd also add it to the menu that pops up if the default select action is set to "Choose".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-08-20, 03:33)jmarshall Wrote: Seems like a sensible suggestion. I'd also add it to the menu that pops up if the default select action is set to "Choose".

would make sense. removing the "update database" there would also help to keep things streamlined, it´s the only menu item which is not item-specific. and thx for lookin into it.
i also added a youtube trailer seach for movies without trailer, but that probably goes too far to be directly integrated since it requires the youtube add-on
if someone else wants it:
Code:
<control type="button" id="2018">
                <label>$LOCALIZE[42286]</label>
                <visible>Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer) + Skin.HasSetting(trailerincontextmenu)</visible>
                <onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[ListItem.Label] Trailer,return)</onclick>
                </control>

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Speaking of small changes to the context menu, I think the menu for actors could be in need of some pruning. There really isn't any need to have Queue Item, Play and Mark as Watched / Unwatched available, is there? Especially when clicking any of those items does absolutely nothing. The same could also be said about the director, studio, year, countries, video root context menus though Marked as... could be used for some of those I would imagine.

@Phil65: Thanks for that snippet of code. Definitely going to be using that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
...idea for small changes to context menu0