ATV2 Crash fixed after removing one file...
Hi All

I was having a problem with my ATV2 crashing everytime i started XBMC, even if i just started it and let it sit there. I did however manage to scroll to settings and enable debugging mode before it crashed.

Using Cyberduck i managed to get a log file.

I opened it up, just out of curiosity really, not expecting to be able to understand any of it. However, i recognised a file name, one particular movie on line 378 of the log file.

'12:34:27 T:149172224 DEBUG: DoWork - trying to extract filestream details from video file smb://JEFF/Volume_1/Movies/Army of Darkness/Army.Of.Darkness.1992.720p.BluRay.x264-QUAZ [PublicHD].mkv'

I navigated to the movie on my NAS, and realised that it was probably the largest file size on there at over 4GB. I removed it just to see if it would help and now my ATV2 is working perfectly (touch wood).

I'm not complaining, but does anyone have any ideas why this helped? Coincidence? File size? Name?

Thanks for any suggestions

Ben
'
Turn off thumbnail generation (does not affect thumbnails from a library scan), XBMC -> Settings -> Video -> File lists -> and deselect 'Extract thumbnails and video information'.

Thumbnail generation uses a lot of RAM, and the ATV2 can easily crash due to not having a lot of RAM available. I keep forgetting to suggest that this setting be disabled by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Crash fixed after removing one file...1