File information not being retrieved
Hi,

New users of XBMC on my Raspberry Pi. Getting along pretty well with it on the whole, but I can't work out why one of my files isn't getting information correctly.

I have the following files in a directory called "Yes Minister":

Yes Minister - s00e01 - Party Games.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e01 - Open Government.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e02 - The Official Visit.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e03 - The Economy Drive.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e04 - Big Brother.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e05 - The Writing on the Wall.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e06 - The Right to Know.mkv
Yes Minister - s01e07 - Jobs for the Boys.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e01 - The Compassionate Society.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e02 - Doing the Honours.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e03 - The Death List.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e04 - The Greasy Pole.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e05 - The Devil You Know.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e06 - The Quality of Life.mkv
Yes Minister - s02e07 - A Question of Loyalty.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e01 - Equal Opportunities.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e02 - The Challenge.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e03 - The Skeleton in the Cupboard.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e04 - The Moral Dimension.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e05 - The Bed Of Nails.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e06 - The Whisky Priest.mkv
Yes Minister - s03e07 - The Middle-Class Rip-Off.mkv

XBMC is picking up full information for all of the episodes except for the 'Special', that is (I believe) correctly named with s00e01 (verified against the info at TheTVDB.com).

I have a similar directory called "Extras", containing the following files:

Extras - s00e01 - The Extra Special Series Finale.mkv
Extras - s01e01 - Ben Stiller.mkv
Extras - s01e02 - Ross Kemp and Vinnie Jones.mkv
Extras - s01e03 - Kate Winslet.mkv
Extras - s01e04 - Les Dennis.mkv
Extras - s01e05 - Samuel L. Jackson.mkv
Extras - s01e06 - Patrick Stewart.mkv
Extras - s02e01 - Orlando Bloom.mkv
Extras - s02e02 - David Bowie.mkv
Extras - s02e03 - Daniel Radcliffe.mkv
Extras - s02e04 - Chris Martin.mkv
Extras - s02e05 - Sir Ian McKellen.mkv
Extras - s02e06 - Robert Lindsay & Jonathan Ross.mkv

In this case, the 'Special' episode does have all of the information.

I have captured a debug log, which I've placed here:

http://pastebin.com/wYHSKbrH

This shows it looking at the Yes Minister file, (I brought up the info and the dialogue showed indicating it was trying to get information). However, there isn't much more information.

On my version, I only have the option to turn on debug logging, not actually set the level. Is there something else I need to do to get any more information? How can I get the file recognised correctly?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Andy
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-08-17, 23:02)adhawkins Wrote: I have the following files in a directory called "Yes Minister":

Yes Minister - s00e01 - Party Games.mkv
I just created a folder and file with those names and I was able to scrape the episode into my library. Are you using a special regexp definition for your scraper (I'm just using the default)? Try opening the context menu on your "Yes Minister" directory and selecting "Update library" and see if it picks it up this time.

By the way, since your thread wasn't specifically related to Linux and Live Support, I moved your thread to the Metadata scrapers subforum.
No special regexp for the scraper that I'm aware of. Where would I check this?

I'll try doing an update on the library on that directory and see if it picks it up.

I didn't really think it was relevant to Linux specifically, but didn't realise there was a forum for scrapers. Thanks for moving it.

Any extra logging I can enable to work out why it's not working?

Andy
I just reread your original post and I need clarification on what you mean by the following statement:
(2012-08-17, 23:02)adhawkins Wrote: but I can't work out why one of my files isn't getting information correctly.
  • Are you saying the s00e01 pilot episode is not listed at all in the library along with the other regular season episodes? In other words, if you go to Videos > TV Shows > Title > Yes Minister, the pilot episode isn't there?
  • Or are you saying the pilot episode is listed there, but certain program information is missing from the episode description (compared to the other episodes)? If so, what information is missing?
(2012-08-18, 10:04)artrafael Wrote:
  • Are you saying the s00e01 pilot episode is not listed at all in the library along with the other regular season episodes? In other words, if you go to Videos > TV Shows > Title > Yes Minister, the pilot episode isn't there?
  • Or are you saying the pilot episode is listed there, but certain program information is missing from the episode description (compared to the other episodes)? If so, what information is missing?
If I go into the TV Shows bits, it only shows seasons 1, 2 and 3. The 'Specials' item isn't there (it is for Extras). If I browse to it video Videos -> Files, I can see the file, but it has no information attached to it all apart from the file name.

Andy

Hi there

Rather than post my own, I'd just like to say "Me too!"

I'm using openelec "out of the box" (using an Acer Revo 3610) and I've run into exactly the same problem - all the "normal" episodes appear under "Yes Minister" but the special episode "Party Games" just doesn't appear.

Happy to try any debug or post any log files from the system. I've even tried setting up my own (fairly minimal) .nfo file, but it still doesn't appear.

My files are named as follows:-

Yes Minister.0x1.mkv
Yes Minister.1x1.mkv
Yes Minister.1x2.mkv
Yes Minister.1x3.mkv
Yes Minister.1x4.mkv
Yes Minister.1x5.mkv
Yes Minister.1x6.mkv
Yes Minister.1x7.mkv
Yes Minister.2x1.mkv
Yes Minister.2x2.mkv
Yes Minister.2x3.mkv
Yes Minister.2x4.mkv
Yes Minister.2x5.mkv
Yes Minister.2x6.mkv
Yes Minister.2x7.mkv
Yes Minister.3x1.mkv
Yes Minister.3x2.mkv
Yes Minister.3x3.mkv
Yes Minister.3x4.mkv
Yes Minister.3x5.mkv
Yes Minister.3x6.mkv
Yes Minister.3x7.mkv

and all of them appear in the library under TV Shows->title->Yes Minister - except the special "Yes Minister.x01.mkv"

Don't see what on earth I'm doing wrong.
Rename the Yes Minister special to s03e08 (or 3x8).

In both cases I suspect you have DVD order enabled, and the DVD numbering for the special is season 3, episode 8, rather than season 0, episode 1.
Well, there you go. Obvious when you think of it. That worked beautifully.

Thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File information not being retrieved0