New build on the way, but...
Well I finally have my build underway and I'm pretty happy with it for my needs ie, XBMC , mid level gaming and quiet for the living room. Initially I was trying to do something a bit too small for an acceptable gaming PC. So I have:

SilverStone Sugo SG08
AMD A8 3870k
Corsair 64G SSD
2x4G RipJaws
Sapphire HD6670 Ultimate. passive cooled
Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3

When I get the time I would like to try some overclocking but so far this is great. With the graphics cards Crossfired I am running Skyrim on Ultra and it seems fine.

I cant hear it at all using XBMC. Once I have games running of course the stock fan sounds like a buzzsaw. I will need to get this replaced with something that will fit.

There is one issue though

The fins on the graphics card are alarmingly close to the power supply cable. So far i've tied the cable in close to the case, i could probably force it some more.

I assume I'm right in being concerned about this? The fins seem to be warm rather than hot but that is with the case open.
(2012-08-18, 05:03)tamarind Wrote: Well I finally have my build underway and I'm pretty happy with it for my needs ie, XBMC , mid level gaming and quiet for the living room. Initially I was trying to do something a bit too small for an acceptable gaming PC. So I have:

SilverStone Sugo SG08
AMD A8 3870k
Corsair 64G SSD
2x4G RipJaws
Sapphire HD6670 Ultimate. passive cooled
Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3

When I get the time I would like to try some overclocking but so far this is great. With the graphics cards Crossfired I am running Skyrim on Ultra and it seems fine.

I cant hear it at all using XBMC. Once I have games running of course the stock fan sounds like a buzzsaw. I will need to get this replaced with something that will fit.

There is one issue though

The fins on the graphics card are alarmingly close to the power supply cable. So far i've tied the cable in close to the case, i could probably force it some more.

I assume I'm right in being concerned about this? The fins seem to be warm rather than hot but that is with the case open.

I don't think that will be a problem.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build on the way, but...0