[Windows XP] Eden 11 Beta 3 hangs with iplayer v2
Copied from report on iplayer v2 Google code. Assigned as Issue 73. Rejected there with following comment

Comment 1 by project member [email protected], Today (17 minutes ago)

anything that causes a hang should be reported to xbmc - plugins just pass files to play to xbmc - so crashes are xbmc's domain.

<< end quote >>

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this - but I'm sure I will be redirected if not.

XBMC is an excellent piece of work. Well done and Thanks.

Regards,

***** Description follows ******

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start XBMC Eden 11.0 Beta 3
2. Start iplayer plugin from Videos > Add-on > iPlayer
3. see the Menu TV / Radio / Settings
4. When select options, plugin will download "directory" content for TV and radio channels
5. Select any content to play and xbmc hangs the Pc i.e. can no longer navigate in PC using keyboard, mouse or remote control
6. Can sometimes get control of PC with CTL-ALT delete, go to taskmgr and end xbmc process

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Start to play iplayer content. The PC freezes / hangs.

Debug log output (http://pastebin.com/)
Not found

What version of the plugin are you using? On what OS?
iplver 2.4.13
Windows XP SP3

Please provide any additional information below.
iplayer content plays fine using "standard BBC iplayer app either through Web browser or stand-along
Eden v11.0 Beta 3 plays DVDs and video files (mp4, avi etc) with no problem on this XP machine
I have the same issue.

XBMC Eden Beta 3
Win 7
Same issue here. It doesn't always hang though, but in my case hangs 1 every 3-4 streams. Very annoying as it destroys the WAF factor and my little one gets very disappointed when starting to watch BBC shows. Tried disabling Refresh Rate change, pause, video aceleration and pretty much every single video option to no avail. Log seems to have some errors related to audio at the end. I've pasted the log at Pastebin
I'm using Windows 7 HP 64bit with Eden Beta 3 on an AMD E-350 Zacate.
I have downloaded and installed the Eden 11.09 RC2.

The downloading of iplayer "directory" information is fairly rapid and xbmc / iplayer plugin keeps you updated that it is retrieving information.

However selecting a particular show to play there is no feedback for at least 90 seconds then various windows are displayed with text about downloading content (I can't remember the exact words in the dialog box). 2 minutes after selecting in xbmc a particular programme to play it starts - then usually plays without a hitch.

The BBC provided iplayer application usually starts playing a selected streamed programme within 5 seconds.

So, if one is patient, the xbmc BBC iplayer plugin usually works, and plays the stream reliably, but you have no idea whether it is doing anything whilst waiting for the start. Where the problem lies, obviously I cannot tell.

Regards

Clive
Attached is an xmbc.log file created when trying to load an iplayer program. The program started after about 2 minutes (there are probably time stamps in the log). When the program started playing, it played without any problems.
See the time gap between: 11:42:53 T:3128 and 11:44:39

I couldn't find how to attach to this post the log as a file

Clive
Quote: << snip>>
Please don't post log snippets in the forum. Post the whole log, not an extract, to http://pastebin.com/ and poste the link here.

JR
Same issue here, done the same thing on the past few nightly builds

**UPDATE**
curiously, I just managed to fix mine using the iPlayer settings. specified x264 (3200Kb) as the Video Stream to use, specified level3 as the source and changed the protocol to rtmpt (Port 80) as well as turning on Enhanced Debug output.

probably just one of those settings that fixed it but now its working fine on everything I try!

Regards

apilbeam
I'm having the same problem. I have:
- Win 7x64
- XBMC 11
- iPlayer 2.4.13 (By BuZz, Dink)

I'm in the UK and the web version works fine. I tried this on my desktop PC as well as my media PC (Zacante) and neither works. I also have exactly the same problem with 4OD and iTVPlayer, Ironically, Demand5 works ok, but they only have reality/celebrity cr&p to watch.

Anyone got an idea?
Ploppytk
I second the last poster. I can't get iPlayer, 4oD, iTV nor TVCatchup to work but everything works outside of the XBMC application. Well, the radio on iPlayer works without a hitch but when selecting live stream nothing happens, when selecting a download it eventually just freezes. Also running win7x64 and XMBC 11.
(2012-03-19, 00:14)apilbeam Wrote: Same issue here, done the same thing on the past few nightly builds

**UPDATE**
curiously, I just managed to fix mine using the iPlayer settings. specified x264 (3200Kb) as the Video Stream to use, specified level3 as the source and changed the protocol to rtmpt (Port 80) as well as turning on Enhanced Debug output.

probably just one of those settings that fixed it but now its working fine on everything I try!

Regards

apilbeam

Tried this, thought it worked and then the same old problem was back. It's a shame really because the iPlayer plugin had been steadily improving for years, now you're lucky if it'll even play a minute of video before stopping or hanging XBMC entirely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows XP] Eden 11 Beta 3 hangs with iplayer v20