Options for recording and programming TV broadcasts?
I still haven't a TV-Card, so I cannot try, but I assume XBMC has options to record and program, so you can record cable TV broadcasts. I couldn't find anything about it in the Wiki.
(2012-08-18, 12:42)Dirki Wrote: I still haven't a TV-Card, so I cannot try, but I assume XBMC has options to record and program, so you can record cable TV broadcasts. I couldn't find anything about it in the Wiki.

It's only available as an experimental feature on a special build of XBMC. In other words, it's not a feature of the stable version of XBMC that is mass released. There are a few guides floating around about setting it up, but the basic gist is you have two programs, one that is a "backend" that handles the tuner card and actual recording, the other is the PVR version of XBMC that acts as a "front end" and does all of the user interface stuff. I'm not that familiar with setting PVR up myself, so someone else will have to fill you in on those details.
Thank you, Ned,

Okay, I thought, the stable XBMC has such options, it's a pity.

There seems to be an add on called MythTV, that - http://www.mythtv.org - which obviously can work with XBMC.

Thanks for the information so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Options for recording and programming TV broadcasts?0