Looking for tool to help with non-series TV shows
Here is the deal,
My kids love nature shows from NG, but most of the good ones are not series.

I have read that I can create a custom TV show and then code the nfo's for each show I want listed (or actually, I think it was adding home movies, same concept)... is there any sort of media manager out there that can make this a less painful process? I uses Ember for the most part and this morning I have downloaded some the new arrivals out, but none specifically stated they would do what I am looking for.

Any suggestions or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-b
What you could do is use a nzb or torrent index site with rss support, and set-up a filter in your downloader to only grab title that contain relevant show info
Well, that might work, but I admit, I do not fully understand the process you mention. Can you elaborate? And thanks for responding!

Here is my delima and what I am looking for in a finished product.

For example,
folder and file structure:
.ng/
..ngdragons.avi
..ngvalcanoes.avi

etc..

Problem being is either the shows are not listed on the tvdb OR they are and I would be forced to clutter up my tv show listing with banners for single episode shows.

What would be ideal is to code the nfo's so I could create a tv show called National Geographic with all the random single shows listed under it.

ie

.ng/
..ngdragons.avi
..ngdragons.nfo
..ngdragons.tbn
..ngvalcanoes.avi
..ngvalcanoes.nfo

etc..

in this post the author does the same thing but with home movies. What I am looking for is an app to do most of the work for me. (cause I have a ton of them now! lol) All it would have to do is fill in the title with the filename ffs.
Afraid I couldn't really give any advise as far as sorting goes, but for the RSS feeds just lookup a guide to setting up utorrent (or whatever downloader you use) to fetch phrases from an rss feed, and get the torrent from there. Another option is a site like dognzb.cr that lets you create a custom rss feed right on their page that does the same basic thing, but you need an account and whatnot for that.
Well, that is pretty cool, but does not help my issue at all. Thanks for trying to help me bud... looks like I will just have to make all the nfo's the hard way. boo.
@billotronic
I had a similar problem with single documentaries and sets not in TVDB. Had to make all nfo's by hand.
Have a look at 'MediaElch' in Supplementary Tools section of this forum - it is cross platform - I use it on LinuxMint 13 KDE.
As long as you have the show (.avi, mkv or whatever) in a folder that is pointed to in the programs preferences for TVShows, it will pick it up and then you can add info and save it as an .nfo file in it's folder from within MediaElch - then 'update library' from within XBMC.

My folder structure is
Main folder: TVSHows
with the tv show or documentary Name as a folder in TVShows then the file in a 'Season 1' folder.
File name is as follows: TVShowname - s01e01 - EpisodeName.avi

Works great !
bloody email somehow missed your response!

Thanks for the tip, I will give it a go tonight!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for tool to help with non-series TV shows0