Win Multiple monitor setups
Question 
I have an i5 PC with an NVidia 460 card with WHDI. My plan is to use the DVI out with a Samsung monitor on the desktop, and and a Denon receiver with a Sharp TV attached connected to the WHDI output. WHDI in this case works just like an HDMI port, so for the purposes of this discussion let's just think of it as an HDMI cable. My question regards the XBMC styatem settings. I can get the video card to output to both devices in dual monitor mode, no problem. The Samsung is the main, the Denon is the 2nd, and XBMC runs nicely in the second window. Video works great, but no matter what I do to the audio settings I can't get the system to output XBMC audio to the Denon when it is the 2nd screen; I still get audio on the PC speakers. I have fiddled with all of the audio out options in XBMC, but no dice. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks regardless all.
Try going into the control panel > sound and setting the WDHI as default playback device. That's how I get my laptop to transmit sound over HDMI when connected to the TV.
Thanks Arki; that did it. And even though Win 7 only recognized the HDMI out as a 2.0 device, I got 5.1 to the receiver, and it looked and sounded great.

Thanks again.

Ed LaTourette

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple monitor setups0