Win 720 and 1080 HD video minor stutter
Hi All,

I've got a question: is it possible that I'm having problems tu play 100% smoothly HD videos with the following hardware? Even 720p videos stuters every other 30 seconds or so.

- MICRO. INTEL CORE I7-3770K IVY BRIDGE S1155
- MOTHERBOARD ASUS P8Z77-M PRO 1155
- 8gb MEMORY DDR3 (2 x 4GB) 1600 KINGSTON HIPERX
- VGA ASUS GF ENGT440/DI/1GD3
- SO: Windows 7 64bits

I'm using an LG LED42" with 120hz true motion, the computer is directly connected to the TV through HDMI, the TV is connected through optical to a sonny Muteki AC3 capable. I am having no issue at all with audio, the only problem is the video has a minnor stutter every 30 secondos or so... it's weird, I would think I shouldn't have issues with this set up.

Any help or advice is more than welcome!

Thanks,
Are you a gamer? For HTPC, the Intel i7 iGPU is more than powerful enough to handle blu-ray 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio.....

Try these-

- Update Nvidia driver from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products
- Enable DXVA2 with DXVA as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
- Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi! Yeah... I thought the same thing... it should be more than enough, right? I'm not a gamer (I have my PS3 for that Smile ) so I specifically bought this HTPC to avoid having this kind of issues.... I did try what you told me (and many other things too) but it was pointless... no matter what I do, both 720 and 1080 mkv files would just stutters a few frames every other 30 secs (sometimes less, sometimes more)... again, it's really minor, but I was sure with this hardware HD videos should run 100% somoth.

Sad
sounds like telecine judder

use true fullscreen, set adjust display refresh rate to match video to ON.
Also play around with the true motion setting of your TV.

you might also post a debug log.
Hey! You know what? That almost did the trick, it would seem it's actually some problem between the refresh rate and the judder settings on my true motion TV system. I've been playing a little bit with the set up and it's working much better now, it is still there (specially if I set the TV judder too high) but it's much more acceptable and the best thing, I'm much more convinced that it's not a problem with the HTPC.

Just one question, what would be the difference in this matter of using true full screen instead of the full screen window? Just curious.

Thanks for the replies my friends!
(2012-08-20, 16:19)fedezari Wrote: Just one question, what would be the difference in this matter of using true full screen instead of the full screen window? Just curious.

Thanks for the replies my friends!
Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" telling XBMC to use slower Directx mode, and it allow user to share display with other apps (which mean, XBMC can be used in a second LCD while user is working on apps on the first LCD)......

To answer your question about Intel HD4000 iGPU- yes, it is capable of playback blu-ray and streaming 1080P video with ease.....

If you want to bypass Nvidia GPU and try Intel HD4000 iGPU, you can do as following-

- Connect HTPC HDMI output directly on the motherboard to HDTV HDMI input
- Update Intel driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
- Disable DXVA2 with DXVA as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
- Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Right, yes, I did try bypassing the NVIDIA and use the onboard GPU instead but I'm not sure I set up XBMC as you said to test it properly.

I'll try these suggestions too Smile

Thanks all, I've been using XBMC since it was first made to run on my pretty old XBOX... what an amazing software!
just make sure that your driver has all refresh rate setting available(23,976hz, 24hz, etc)
Mmm not sure how to check that on the Nvidia settings... but I'll google it Smile

I did find two .mkvs in my collection that didn't have this issue at all, so I'm trying to understand what's different between those 2 and the rest of the movies I've got... they're all H264, mkv, DTS or AC3, so I need to look through the details to see what's different. I have my video calibration set up to adjust perfectly my TV and even with those 2 that work great, the video calibration was the original (so I had to manually adjust it again for those two).

So something IS different for those. I need to keep researching on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720 and 1080 HD video minor stutter0