Win Please a big help with dropped frames!!!
I searched a lot into the forum and made many many tests but nothing is changed. When I watch 1080p film I've about 40 dropped frames per hour.
I can see very clearly when it happens and it is very annoying for me!!!!

First of all my HTPC is home-built PC about 3 years old: MB asus P5Q-EM with Intel core2 E8400 3,00GHz and dedicated ATI Radeon HD4550. SO win7 64bit. The movie are loaded in a QNAP TS219P+(wired streaming). My tv is a panasonic 55ST50 plasma tv.

My setting under video-playback are: render method DXVA, allow hardware acceleration ENABLED, adjust display refresh ENABLED(5sec paused), sync playback to display DISABLED,
Under system-setting: vertical black sync always ENABLED, use a fullscreen window rather then true fullscreen DISABLED.

Nothing change if I copy a movie into the local HD rather than streaming from the NAS. I checked the log file but nothing to say. I also tryed Openelec (generic build) but the situation has worsened (maybe because it's my first time with linux).

The only thing I thought is to change the videocard but before do that someone could try to help me? A very big big thx
(sorry for my bad english)
Try these-

- Update AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
- Enable DXVA2 with DXVA as Renderer Method, and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
- Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you for the reply

I reinstalled the latest versione of AMD driver (catalyst 12.6). If I use the setting you suggest the dropped frames count show 0 but the TV dosn't recognize the 24hz signal and remain at 60hz.
If I try to "enable adjust display rate" using a fullscreen window the count show 0 but the video appears to be in slow motion (audio going well).

I don't know what to do!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please a big help with dropped frames!!!0