Black Screen when fullscreening
I know some have tried this and it didn't work, but everyone should make sure they try to use a fullscreen window instead of real fullscreen (under Settings -> System -> Video output)

Also, if everyone can include what GPU they are using.
Hey Ned,

This is my GPU: ati mobility radeon hd 5850

I'm running Windows 7.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello

I'm also having the same problem, still after trying the fixes posted above.
I'm having a ati mobility radeon HD 5650, running win 7 64 bit. Tried almost every system option available.
Hope there will be a solution very soon.

Regards,

Dave
I also had this exact problem some time ago. In a thread somewhere in the forum I found a tip from one of the decelopers that this may be a skin issue and that I should try with the default skin. At the time, I used an old version of the Rapier skin. I switched to Confluence, and all videos worked again. :-)
Then I downloaded the latest Rapier version from the web and all videos worked. So my problem was definitely skin related. Have a try, it might solve it.
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
I had this issue a while back, the only way I solved it was by turning hardware acceleration off.
Same problem here also Windows 7. Play a tv series and get a black screen then back out and press play again and it works. Don't remember having this problem in 10. Hope it gets fixed!
Hi I just want to tell you I have fixed my Black screen problem & this is how i did it!

system-
video output-
resolution was set to 1366x768 & it should be 1360x768 I just changed it and it works now!!! Big Grin

hope this helps someone! Cool
I have the same problems.
But i installed XBMC for the first time 3 weeks ago, and then everything worked fine, and suddenly i got black screen on HD videos, but with some flicking between skins and resolutions i got i back again, but the problem got worse and worse for every day. Now i got blackscreen on all videoformats. Its like a f****** virus!
The problem accours both on the laptop and the tv...

My GPU is: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 Can the ATI mobility Radeon be the problem here?
I also have the same problem with my laptop, my home PC works ok and has the same operating system Win7. I tried to put V10 on my laptop and it worked ok but I ended up getting loads of Script errors when trying to run various programs so had to go back to V11. Sometimes the fullscreen works ok on various programs but thats very rare. I've tried everything above but to no avail.
Also noticed that some films play ok and then the next film in alphabetical order will not work in fullscreen. When it was not working in full screen I connected an HDMI to the TV and that was still blank in full screen.
Strange?
Right I may be way off the mark here but here goes:
If the audio format is in MP3 everything works ok on Fullscreen. But if the audio format is in AAC the Fullscreen goes black with sound only.
I have gone through all various Audio settings in "System" but none make any difference. Does this help any of you experts out there with a solution?
Raceman, can you get a couple of debug logs (wiki) (remember to enable debugging) of when you play one file working/with MP3 audio and one not working/with AAC? Also, what GPU are you using?
(2012-10-16, 20:46)Ned Scott Wrote: Raceman, can you get a couple of debug logs (wiki) (remember to enable debugging) of when you play one file working/with MP3 audio and one not working/with AAC? Also, what GPU are you using?
Have I done this correct?
http://pastebin.com/LxXs0W5y

Regards,

raceman

Just wanted to say that I have the same issue. Worked fine when I started to use Eden (never any issue with Dharma), but since a month or so, movies won't play. TV Shows plays fine however (and luckily).

I have tried every possible setting, but still I have a black screen and only audio.

EDIT: I just noticed that when I use Confluence, and browse my movies, if there is a small box saying "SD" or "HD", I can watch that movie. If there's no box, then the screen will be black. Since I code most of my movies on my own, I don't always use a standard resolution. Could it be an issue with setting up the video output to an unsupported resolution, and not choosing one of the available ones?
I have a laptop with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and have experienced the same issues, I have tried several setting changes and managed to resolved the problem by disabling the "Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2)" on XBMC video playback options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen when fullscreening5