Black Screen when fullscreening
Fixed here, I created a couple of days ago a profile on catalyst control center just for a game(using the feature to detect the game executable and apply the settings) but the CCC applied for the entire system, just go to CCC and select restore defaults and xbmc worked again.
Having a similar issue periodically on frodo rc3, the difference is my screen goes black and xbmc no longer responds (audio stream continues). I end up having to end the process which takes about 5 mins. There is nothing in the log after playback begins.

Windows home server 2011 with nvidia gt 430

Has anyone opened a bug against this?

Thx,
Devan
(2013-01-12, 19:37)devanl Wrote: Having a similar issue periodically on frodo rc3, the difference is my screen goes black and xbmc no longer responds (audio stream continues). I end up having to end the process which takes about 5 mins. There is nothing in the log after playback begins.

Windows home server 2011 with nvidia gt 430

Has anyone opened a bug against this?

Thx,
Devan

Then this is a different issue than what the others in this thread are having.
(2012-11-28, 18:24)Lstrong6 Wrote: I am having the same issue with windows 7 64bit and Raedon HD 5770 card. I am new to XMBC loaded it and everything worked fine for a couple of days. Both SD and HD Movies played fine. Today I tried to play a Movie and I am getting Sound with a Black screen. When I exit I can see the movie playing in the Background. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

I have excatly the same problem...

I use windows 7 64bit with ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5470 card in a SONY Vaio VPC EA 3S1

Did you fix the bug? How?

THX Matt
Hi everybody,
I've a little different problem:
I've a normal display (connected with vga) and a full hd projector (connected with hdmi).
I've create some java script that turn on and off the projector and added this script to advanced launcher. In that way when I've finisced whatching movie I launch this script and the projector turn off.
At this point my computer, recognising that the projector is of, start giving again signal to my second display (that was not off but just got no input).
At this point start the problem: as soon as the display receive signal it has a black screen. If I use the the "\" key it goes in window mode and black screen goes far even if the xbmc windows shows only a portion of the entire xbmx layout, as if xbmc work with an higher resolution than the windows size, even if the windows is as big as possible...
If I push again the "\" button it comes back to full screen with again black screen.

I'm using an ati video car with frodo and aeon nox skin.
What can I do?
thanks a lot for the reply...
I found something that worked for me. I have little to no knowledge about this stuff but trial and error worked for me. so i figured i would let everyone know.
i turned off the Accelerate hardware.

the only problem i seen since then that i didn't have before is that it says buffering when i overload xbmc.
Hope this helps someone
how can i turn it off?
Thumbs Up 
(2012-10-28, 13:18)asosoon Wrote: I have a laptop with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and have experienced the same issues, I have tried several setting changes and managed to resolved the problem by disabling the "Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2)" on XBMC video playback options.

Thx..

Worked on my Lenovo Z 565 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540
None of these solutions have worked for me. I've noticed that this only happens with AAC audio; DTS, DD, Mp3 all work. So, to me, it looks like my issue may be related to the audio engine. ,,,,,

W7 x64
Nvidia GT 430 updated.
(2013-02-15, 20:42)Hijo del sol Wrote: None of these solutions have worked for me. I've noticed that this only happens with AAC audio; DTS, DD, Mp3 all work. So, to me, it looks like my issue may be related to the audio engine. ,,,,,

W7 x64
Nvidia GT 430 updated.

Then you are not having the issue in this thread.
(2013-02-15, 20:42)Hijo del sol Wrote: None of these solutions have worked for me. I've noticed that this only happens with AAC audio; DTS, DD, Mp3 all work. So, to me, it looks like my issue may be related to the audio engine. ,,,,,

W7 x64
Nvidia GT 430 updated.

Stupid as it may seem I have had some video distortion in Frodo when my audio was configured incorrectly. Although it probably isn't the same problem there definately is a video audio relationship due to syncing both.
I have had this problem, tried everything, except the obvious. Go to your either catalyst or control center, find the check for updates, when proceeding to website download the automatic driver checker, install download, install till its all done. Change screen resolution. Restart. Now it works for meRofl
just had the same problem while installing over remote do this alt+enter to get windowed mode works fine tested !
(2013-01-23, 15:54)matt eagle Wrote: [quote='Lstrong6' pid='1250394' dateline='1354119874']
I am having the same issue with windows 7 64bit and Raedon HD 5770 card. I am new to XMBC loaded it and everything worked fine for a couple of days. Both SD and HD Movies played fine. Today I tried to play a Movie and I am getting Sound with a Black screen. When I exit I can see the movie playing in the Background. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

I have excatly the same problem...

I use windows 7 64bit with ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5470 card in a SONY Vaio VPC EA 3S1

Did you fix the bug? How?

Same Computer same OS same Problem

SOLUTION:
while in XBMC
Goto System Settings
Video
Playback
UNCHECK Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)

Problem solved
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
Another issue arose.
Some SD files play in the "molasse mode" with around 3 fps
changing the audio setting from HDMI to Analog with the automatic changes of deselecting the checked formats what the receiver can decode and the pass through and other settings of the audio fixed that problem.

I tried every solution here in this thread and it´s links to get to the bottom of the main problem but the disabled hardware acceleration is the main fix.

Funny enough, Windows Media Center does not have problem playing the HD formats that XBMC has problems with - but then I do not know if Windows Media Center knows about hardware acceleration...

Win 7 64 ATI 5740m in a Sony VPCEA3S1E
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen when fullscreening5