<aspectratio> for buttons
I just realized the aspect ratio tag doesn't work with buttons. I have images right up next to the buttons and when some keep or scale the aspect ratio while the buttons don't, it creates problems. Is this something difficult to add or was it just overlooked/not needed up to this point?

edit: i could have sworn i'd used this with buttons in the past. might this just be a problem with my build or something?
It is only for images. Just use an image control in it's place.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

argh, ok thanks
Ok, the problem I've run into here is that the labels for the buttons don't scale with the images, and so end up completely misaligned and often half off the button. Is there no chance of button support for aspectratio being added? Also, I noticed that multiimages don't seem to scale either, or at least not in the same way the image controls do.
There's not much of a chance of it happening. As always, I have reasonable reasons for not doing it. The main one, however, is that most buttons have static images associated with them, thus it's pointless for the majority of uses.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok, well thanks anyway. Smile
Time to bump up a really old thread because this is kind of effecting me Smile

I assume this hasn't been done yet so my solution to the problem is too move the <aspecratio> tag into the <texture> line along with these attributes http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Texture_Attributes why you may ask? well basically 16x9 vs 16x10 is really bugging the crap out of me when it comes to the OSD buttons which are round in most of my current skins and when xbmc goes 16x10 they stretch out stupid phones and tablets are all different

Basically I would like to do it like this so they stay round
PHP Code:
<texturefocus aspectratio="keep">OSDPreviousFO.png</texturefocus>
<
texturenofocus aspectratio="keep">OSDPreviousNF.png</texturenofocus

I wouldn't expect the actual hit rectangle of the control to change just the way the image is displayed and this of course would be able to be used anywhere we have a texture tag like the current ones linked above

I'm sure some others may like this idea and now I just hope its not already added and I missed it Smile I don't read every commit Tongue
(2012-08-21, 04:23)Jezz_X Wrote: I assume this hasn't been done yet so my solution to the problem is too move the <aspecratio> tag into the <texture> line along with these attributes http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Texture_Attributes why you may ask? well basically 16x9 vs 16x10 is really bugging the crap out of me when it comes to the OSD buttons which are round in most of my current skins and when xbmc goes 16x10 they stretch out stupid phones and tablets are all different

That's an awesome idea and something I hope could be further expanded upon to include <colordiffuse> as well. Applying <colordiffuse>to the whole control wrecks havoc when dealing with controls that have more than one texture being used. Radiobutton controls and spincontrols highlight this problem pretty well.

IMO that's not the way to go. It'd be better to have whole controls, or perhaps just groups maintain aspect.

Either works for me I just figured my way is more global and fits with the current way of doing stuff plus allows other things like mentioned above
(2012-08-21, 10:39)jmarshall Wrote: IMO that's not the way to go. It'd be better to have whole controls, or perhaps just groups maintain aspect.
That would be great to be able to do some more with shading on menu text. Yeah.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<aspectratio> for buttons1