General Question with Thumbnail Sharing (MySQL setup)
Hello

I have three XBMC instances running in my house (1 Live and two Apple TV 2 versions). I have MySQL running from a Windows Home Server which also has a share for thumbnails and fan art. Everything was working fine until I had to re-jailbreak both Apple TV devices and start my install from scratch on both of them (I know I should have backed up my configs - but I did not). The MySQL stuff works fine and in Library mode (Movies/TV shows) the thumbnails, coverart, fanart all comes through beautifully. The thing that is not working any more is in File mode (not what was called library mode) where you can see the sub folders under your shares, I do not get any thumbnails, cover art etc. On one of the Apple TV 2 boxes I install Eden and I am using the path substitution method for pointing to the share with the images/thumbnails. On the other Apple TV2 box I installed a version of Frodo (just to mess around with) and the Wiki says not to do path substitution as the images will get there somehow (I am not sure how that is working but it does but again online in what used to be called Library mode).

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get the XBMC instances to shows thumbnails/coverart in the file browsing mode? I am really out of ideas. If I was running Live versions I would probably use symbolic links but iOS seems different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Toby
Share or copy your sources.xml file from the Live install to the ATV2. (see the "Sharing other parts of XBMC" step on the MySQL (wiki) guide). I'm guessing there is a path difference, and that is why it is not matching the videos between Library view and Files view, and this should fix that.
Thank you very much. Your suggestion worked beautifully. I guess I should have tried that before asking for help ;-)

Cheers

Toby

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General Question with Thumbnail Sharing (MySQL setup)0