DTS-HD 7.1 only showing up as 5.1
Using Frodo Alpha 4 (Win7), DTS-HD 7.1 correctly bitstreams to my receiver which identifies it as having all eight channels. However, the database tagging in XBMC is still flagging it as 5.1 (the .nfo lists 6 channels). I can override the .nfo file which changes the library display, but as soon as playback begins it shows the 5.1 icon. Why is XBMC convinced it's 5.1, if it really is (and is bitstreaming as) a 7.1 track? Note that TrueHD works fine with 7.1, this issue is specific to DTS-HD.
(2012-08-20, 05:14)ltcmdrobvious Wrote: Using Frodo Alpha 4 (Win7), DTS-HD 7.1 correctly bitstreams to my receiver which identifies it as having all eight channels. However, the database tagging in XBMC is still flagging it as 5.1 (the .nfo lists 6 channels). I can override the .nfo file which changes the library display, but as soon as playback begins it shows the 5.1 icon. Why is XBMC convinced it's 5.1, if it really is (and is bitstreaming as) a 7.1 track? Note that TrueHD works fine with 7.1, this issue is specific to DTS-HD.

XBMC uses ffmpeg to get the file's media info and at the moment ffmpeg cannot decifer the DTSHD-MA(or any master audio) just the DTS core. That's why the database only shows 5.1 audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD 7.1 only showing up as 5.10