Movie sets in xbmc
Ive read xbmc wiki and i do now eden supports the fact that tmdb uses movie setes.. However this doesnt run 100% good.

How do hou guys manage uour movie sets?

I dont like the idea of having a nfo file in every movie folder.

Is the addon xwmm the only way thrn? Can it be completely run from xbmc since u need internet explorer..
Or are there other user friendly ways?
You can use any browser, not just Internet Explorer. And in case it wasn't clear, you can use a browser on a different computer than XBMC, as long as it is on the same network.

There isn't any way to change it from within XBMC, for the time being.
Do you know the MovieSet Addon

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....moviesets

(2012-08-21, 09:39)avjui Wrote: Do you know the MovieSet Addon

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....moviesets

I installed that one yesterday
But i dunno how it works...
Can you help me with that?

Sometimes i get i screen to make a movie set, but i cant add movies... i dunno how i even get that screen...
help needed with that addon..
I can´t help you with this addon, but...

That´s the reason why I create my *.nfo´s for myself.

At the beginning it is a lot of work. But if your up-to-date it´s just a little work to create such a file (max 5 minutes).
The best of it is that you have the full controll of what is displayed and creating movie sets became very easy too.

You can export your existing database to seperate nfo´s in every folder you have. So this is not a hard work. XBMC does this automatically. You just have to edit some nfo´s to get the movie into the set you wished. It´s just one line you have to add. Posters an fanart can be downloaded manually even a poster for the movie set. Putting them into the same folder makes a very clear structure in your htpc.

Why don´t you like the idea of having seperate nfo files in every folder?
offline solution :
Edit nfo file stored in movie directory ( normaly movie.nfo ) and add row <set>name of set</set>.
You must do it for each movie which you want have in set.

Example :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF - 8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
<title>Centurion</title>
<set>pokus</set>
<originaltitle>Centurion</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>Centurion</sorttitle>
<rating>6.5</rating>
<year>2010</year>
(2012-08-22, 16:47)alda Wrote: offline solution :
Edit nfo file stored in movie directory ( normaly movie.nfo ) and add row <set>name of set</set>.
You must do it for each movie which you want have in set.

Example :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF - 8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
<title>Centurion</title>
<set>pokus</set>
<originaltitle>Centurion</originaltitle>
<sorttitle>Centurion</sorttitle>
<rating>6.5</rating>
<year>2010</year>

That's exactly what I want to say. You just need to add the <set>....</set> line. But, alda, he doesn't have nfo's. So he first have to create them. Thatś possible with the function in XBMC to export the video library.

And a nfo can have MUCH more infos than listed above. Infos about sound and video codec, plot, fanart path, actors etc. etc. etc.......
Yes, right. I made for my personal usage sw which is able do it, but it's other story.
Doing what was said in previous posts is the best idea. There is the MovieSets addon, but the last version is no longer being developed and the next one isn't done. That said, the last one still works. It provides grouped information about the set(cumulative length, years, etc, etc). It also allows you to create your own group via a nice little interface. That being said, in order for this addon to work the skin has to support it. There's a modded version of confluence(default skin) that supports it, here. Also, I think Aeon Nox supports it too...could be wrong.

Here are some screenshots of the addon: here
I use xwmm myself and it seems to work fine. Pretty simple to use too. However, I've yet to figure out how to get the movies in the set to display in alphabetical order. Oh, and it doesn't work in my firefox browser so I have to use IE. BLEH. I didn't try chrome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets in xbmc0