• 72(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Thank you for your fast answer.

What's the best way to contact a dev ?

Tried to create an issue ticket on Github : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/4802
Seems it doesn't like if there isn't a Pull Request for the code... Don't know what to do... Huh Confused
Information 
Tried to create a pull request to have the attention of the XBMC developers. Smile

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4810

Cheers.
Information 
Seems the devs doesn't want to talk about code in github.

Created a thread on the "Development" forums.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196483

Will see...

Cheers.
Hi all. I installed Tratk.tv on my XMBC (Windows) but when i played 1 episode i cant see anything in web trakt.tv why?

How can i export my library tv shows in XBMC to Trakt.tv?

thanks.
Just a few questions before i downgrade to XBMC 12 too fast.

Is the trakt service working ATM?
Is the trakt service working in XBMC 13? If not is there any date when they plan to release it ?

Thx
(2014-06-09, 10:13)jakadinho Wrote: Just a few questions before i downgrade to XBMC 12 too fast.

Is the trakt service working ATM?
Is the trakt service working in XBMC 13? If not is there any date when they plan to release it ?

Thx
Try reading the thread! First post and already lazy?
Belive me or not i did went trough last 10 pages few days ago.

I found few confuzing things that's why im asking.

First of all in the first post it only mentions XBMC 12 not 13 but addon is in the 13 repo. I imagine it should work due to small changes in versions but it doesn't. It doesnt says anything (no error) when i try to sync it just dosn't work.

I dont think that it makes me lazy if I want to clarify one thing that i dont understand.
I just want to know if it works for somebody on ver. 13 or no before i revert to older version...
At least you gave us more information now.
Doesn't work is to global, check debug log when synching.
What is interesting i tried on several computers and it didn't work on all of them (no error thou). That's why i was asking if addon is even compatible with Gotham.

Now i had to do a reboot and it magicaly works. I tried also on other computers and it also worked after reboot Big Grin
It was probably some problem with Trakt service
I've been using trakt.tv for quite some time now and it keeps track of the status of my tv-shows and movies wonderfully.
Great job!

I, however, now have a question that I couldn't find the answer for through quite a few different searches (don't know if I'm using the wrong questions/words?).

I'm currently running a XBMC install on my Raspberry Pi (RaspBMC) and i've got a new box coming (Chromebox, running OpenElec). I obviously want to copy over my watched statusses from my Raspberry to my Chromebox. I thought that Trakt.tv would be the way to go! Is this a correct assumption? If so, how do I make sure that the add-on syncs 'the right way'? (So it syncs the info from trakt.tv to my XBMC installation, instead of the other way around).

I'm afraid that if i use my new Chromebox, let it fill up the library and if i then install the trakt.tv add-on it will mark everything unwatched, thus giving me a very time consuming job of manually changing everything back to watched where applicable Wink .

I hope someone can point me in the right direction Smile !
@Smobbo

I'm sure it does this automatically. I use XBMC and trakt on my HTPC but occasionally I use my laptop.

When I'm done watching something on my laptop, it syncs with trakt, updating the watched status.

When I then update the library on my HTPC, the watched status information seems to be downloaded from trakt and updated on my HTPC (rather than re-marking it as unseen as you were worried about).

Also if you want to ensure that the watched status is all correct on the chrome box it may be a good idea to export the video library from the Pi and import it onto the chrome box.

You can do both through System > Video > Library > Export (or Import) video library

As I said, trakt should cover the watched status concerns fine but exporting and importing your video library makes for a much faster setup of your new hardware. It also backs up all the images and other information your scrapers have picked up when assembling your library.
Anyone here is using XBMC 13.x Gotham WITH an external player AND has this trakt plugin working ? (Scrobbling and immediate "Watched flag" sync).
Ok guys. So good news.

The bug has been corrected. Now XBMC 13.x (Nightly builds) with an external player and the trakt plugin works but only with TV Shows. (As it was with XBMC 12.x, never worked for movies. So I guess this time it's a trakt issue...)

For more informations : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=196483

Here are the new logs :

XBMC Logs - External player (working) with a TV Show : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=241517
XBMC Logs - External player (not working) with a movie : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=241519

Here, I extracted some useful informations.

XBMC Logs - External player (working) with a TV Show :
Code:
[trakt] [Scrobbler] playbackStarted(data: {u'type': u'episode', u'id': 1})
[trakt] [Scrobbler] Watching: episode
[trakt] [Scrobbler] watching()
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) JSON response: '{u'status': u'success', u'episode': {u'number': 1, u'title': u'12:00 A.M.-1:00 A.M.'}, u'show': {u'tvdb_id': 76290, u'year': 2001, u'imdb_id': u'tt0285331', u'title': u'24'}, u'season': 1, u'twitter': False, u'tumblr': False, u'facebook': False, u'path': False, u'message': u'watching 24 1x01'}'
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): JSON request was successful.
[trakt] [Scrobbler] Watch response: {u'status': u'success', u'episode': {u'number': 1, u'title': u'12:00 A.M.-1:00 A.M.'}, u'show': {u'tvdb_id': 76290, u'year': 2001, u'imdb_id': u'tt0285331', u'title': u'24'}, u'season': 1, u'twitter': False, u'tumblr': False, u'facebook': False, u'path': False, u'message': u'watching 24 1x01'}
[trakt] [Scrobbler] playbackEnded()
[trakt] [Scrobbler] watched: 1.0 / 1.0
[trakt] [Scrobbler] scrobble()
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) JSON response: '{u'status': u'success', u'episode': {u'number': 1, u'title': u'12:00 A.M.-1:00 A.M.'}, u'show': {u'tvdb_id': 76290, u'year': 2001, u'imdb_id': u'tt0285331', u'title': u'24'}, u'season': 1, u'twitter': False, u'tumblr': False, u'facebook': False, u'path': False, u'message': u'scrobbled 24 1x01'}'
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): JSON request was successful.
[trakt] [Scrobbler] Scrobble response: {u'status': u'success', u'episode': {'season': 1, u'number': 1, u'title': u'12:00 A.M.-1:00 A.M.'}, u'show': {u'tvdb_id': 76290, u'year': 2001, u'imdb_id': u'tt0285331', u'title': u'24'}, u'season': 1, u'twitter': False, u'tumblr': False, u'facebook': False, u'path': False, u'message': u'scrobbled 24 1x01'}

XBMC Logs - External player (not working) with a movie :
Code:
[trakt] [Scrobbler] playbackStarted(data: {u'type': u'movie', u'id': 336})
[trakt] [Scrobbler] Watching: movie
[trakt] [Scrobbler] watching()
... Error (5x times, loop) :
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) JSON response: '{u'status': u'failure', u'error': u'duration is too short (trailer?)'}'
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) JSON Error 'failure' -> 'duration is too short (trailer?)'
... and no "Watch response"
[trakt] [Scrobbler] playbackEnded()
[trakt] [Scrobbler] watched: 1.0 / 1.0
[trakt] [Scrobbler] scrobble()
... Error :
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): (0) JSON response: '{u'status': u'failure', u'error': u'duration is too short (trailer?)'}'
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): Return on error set, breaking retry.
[trakt] [traktAPI] traktRequest(): Error: duration is too short (trailer?)
... and no "Scrobble response"

Why is there a problem with the duration ? What's wrong guys ?

Thank you for the help.

Cheers.
Does anyone know why trakt.tv addon doesn't clean complete series from library but only does episodes?
I would like to see that when I remove library from collection it also gets removed from trakt.tv.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13