• 3(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Ok, I switched out every "script.trakt" with "script.trakt2" I could find in the .py files. Now I can see a "trakt2" in the services add-ons, and when I choose "settings" it displays the settings of the second account, so far so good Smile. But for some reason it does not send the status/scrobble of the second account to the trakt website. I dunno if the script is running because I don't get to see the "Trakt is ready"-toast on login since eden. Do I need to update something in xbmc itself for it to start? Can I start it manually? Or do the .pyo need to change? Because I couldn't get those open in windows.

Thanks a lot in advance! Smile

//
Code:
13:54:12 T:140313360332544  NOTICE: [trakt2] loading script.trakt2 version 1.0.0
13:54:12 T:140313360332544  NOTICE: [trakt2] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
13:54:12 T:140313586804480  NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.0
13:54:12 T:140313586804480  NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
13:54:14 T:140313326761728  NOTICE: [trakt2] [Notification Service] Waiting~
13:54:14 T:140313302877952  NOTICE: [trakt] [Notification Service] Waiting~

Because it not worked I went looking in de xbmc.log, and after I changed the debug info print from trakt to trakt2 for some clarity, it suddenly seems to work (could be because of the reboot).
Is there a way to start trakt2 manually instead of on login? That would be awesome Smile
Hi, the brazilian portuguese translation for string id 1016 is "Usar conexão segura (HTTPS)"
Thanks, updated in 1.0.1
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
1.0.1 should be in the official repo shortly.
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask please point me.

Love the look of what you've done and the site looks really good.

However my main purpose for using a tool like this would be to have the niceties of the trakt site within xbmc itself. (similar to boxees own inbuilt social stuff). Is that in the pipe line of where you want to take this? Being able to see what my friends have just watched within xbmc and what they rate and recommend to me is what I would want from a plug like this.
I honestly don't know in terms of this plugin. The main goal was to get an official version in the xbmc repo. I can't rule out adding these type of things, but it just depends on time and right now there is a long list of core trakt updates that would come first.

For most of the things you are talking about, trakt utilities presents a lot of that info. Most recently, check out the great work seadog is doing to make things work on frodo and eden. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98582&page=143
Hi,

I have installed service addon trakt.tv (and configured credentials) but my library is not updated with my movies on the site. Not even a single movie is there.

The addon was installed on XBMC Eden running on a jailbroken Apple TV 2.

What I am doing wrong?
More info in the first thread, but this plugin only scrobbles what you are watching.
(2012-09-05, 18:53)rectifyer Wrote: More info in the first thread, but this plugin only scrobbles what you are watching.

Weird. Then how come there is a Library on the user profile (on the site)?

http://tinypic.com/r/1o5dw8/6
Updated the first post to be even more clear. This official add-on only supports scrobbling what you are watching. You can use another community supported add-on to sync your collection. Or you can of course fill in your collection from the website or various mobile apps.
Hope this is the correct place to post.

I have XBMC + trakt running successfully on another machine, and have been attempting to set up a new machine as a replacement (the old one is on its last legs!). All good so far, I've set up XBMC and imported my media and so on, and have installed all relevant add-ons (including trakt.tv 1.0.1). However, having played a TV episode last night, it refused to scrobble the update. I've taken a copy of the log file, and this is shown within it:

Code:
22:49:39 T:5168  NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
22:49:40 T:6360   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
22:49:41 T:5168  NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
22:49:41 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:41 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:43 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:43 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:45 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:45 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:57 T:6636   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\notification_service.py", line 66, in run
                                                telnet = telnetlib.Telnet(self.TELNET_ADDRESS, self.TELNET_PORT)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\telnetlib.py", line 209, in __init__
                                                self.open(host, port, timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\telnetlib.py", line 225, in open
                                                self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
                                                raise error, msg
                                            timeout: timed out
22:50:01 T:4388  NOTICE: [trakt] Scrobbler stopping

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this, or is it a problem with the add-on itself? The machine is running 64-bit Windows 7.

TIA
(2012-09-07, 12:09)gardener Wrote: Hope this is the correct place to post.

I have XBMC + trakt running successfully on another machine, and have been attempting to set up a new machine as a replacement (the old one is on its last legs!). All good so far, I've set up XBMC and imported my media and so on, and have installed all relevant add-ons (including trakt.tv 1.0.1). However, having played a TV episode last night, it refused to scrobble the update. I've taken a copy of the log file, and this is shown within it:

Code:
22:49:39 T:5168  NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
22:49:40 T:6360   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
22:49:41 T:5168  NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
22:49:41 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:41 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:43 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:43 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:45 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28
22:49:45 T:6172   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
22:49:57 T:6636   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.trakt\notification_service.py", line 66, in run
                                                telnet = telnetlib.Telnet(self.TELNET_ADDRESS, self.TELNET_PORT)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\telnetlib.py", line 209, in __init__
                                                self.open(host, port, timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\telnetlib.py", line 225, in open
                                                self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
                                                raise error, msg
                                            timeout: timed out
22:50:01 T:4388  NOTICE: [trakt] Scrobbler stopping

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this, or is it a problem with the add-on itself? The machine is running 64-bit Windows 7.

TIA

It appears to be some sort of timeout.

Quote:22:49:41 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28

As per http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html we can see that:

Quote:CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28)

Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions.

And also on:

Quote:timeout: timed out

Do have a good internet connection on the backup machine you are setting up? Or do you know any other reason to be causing time out (router configuration, ...)?
(2012-09-07, 16:18)imjorge Wrote: It appears to be some sort of timeout.

Quote:22:49:41 T:6172 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28

As per http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html we can see that:

Quote:CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28)

Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions.

And also on:

Quote:timeout: timed out

Do have a good internet connection on the backup machine you are setting up? Or do you know any other reason to be causing time out (router configuration, ...)?
That's odd. The PC is fine for internet connectivity, I'd not long previously refreshed all the TV series' fanart/info etc.

I'll try watching something else and then check the log again, see if I'm still getting the error, and report back.

Thanks, imjorge.
Okay, seems to have worked this time. Strange, but at least I know there's nothing wrong other than some dodgy internet issues.

Thanks for the help.
I was also going to say it could be one of the settings here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Network
I think it requires Allow programs on this system to control XBMC to be enabled and port 9090 to be available on the xbmc box.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13