• 75(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Hi

Nope i spoked to soon, it does not update on my social media like facebook.
When trying to sync it stops at 1% and then nothing happens.

What can i do?

I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but that did not help.

What is wrong?
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Hello,

Just installed it and it's what I was looking for a long time. I miss one functionality however or I don't know how to enable it. I'd like to automatically synchronize after I'll finish watching movie or episode. Is it possible at all??
Hello,

I tried searching the thread for this, but haven't seen anything. I've done lots of google searches as well but can't find anything since 2012.

My question - can trakt do a 2 way sync with my favourites in IceFilms in XBMC? I use IceFilms for all my watching, but I watch tv shows on a few different XBMC boxes. I was hoping I could sync back and forth between all of them and I could get those little check marks (marked as watched) on all my XBMC boxes.

Thanks,
I would check the forum rules with your question about unsupported add-ons and something about piracy.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Question: I've been a long-time user of trakt to sync my watch list and to provide an online database of my library. However, I recently converted over to a multi-profile environment for my HTPC so that my wife can have her own watched list. I did this because I could not figure out a way to have trakt syncing enabled but also be able to unwatch stuff I've seen so that my wife can see it. When I do this, trakt plugin will override it reapply the watch flag.

I've never done multi profiles before and assumed it would solve my problem. I completely disabled trakt on my wife's profile and yet trakt is still running and syncing/overriding the watch list for my wife with my watched flags.

Is there a way to use trakt and resolve this situation for me? I guess I don't really understand XBMC profiles because it makes it seem program add-ons are silo'ed off and yet it is still running add-ons from other profiles.

Thanks.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Fantastic Addon... thank you!

I love being able to add movies on my phone that then show up automatically on xbmc and in the Genesis video addon... I became a vip member after about 5 minutes of using it, LOVE IT...

The only issue I have is that very often (almost always) Trakt seems to need some time before it starts working. What I mean by that is that when I go to the Genesis addon and go to My Genesis, I see generic stuff in that section, and none of the Trakt lists that I will see once the Trakt addon starts working.

I sometimes exit out of Genesis back to the home screen, then go back to My Genesis and into Movie Lists, and I may do this three or four times before I get to see the trakt playlists and custom lists.

It would be great if this addon could be started when xbmc starts (not sure that would help it to be ready when needed).

Thanks,
Mark.
I would also like to see more intelligent handling of "mark unwatched". I know that I can turn on and off trakt -> XBMC syncing, but I would prefer to keep it on for things like sync status between MB3 / other addons / whatever. So coarse "one direction" solution isn't a great fit.

Unfortunately because there is a mismatch between what "watched" is used for in XBMC and what it means to trakt I can't think of a nice elegant solution. The best I come up with is either some kind of tombstone functionality within the XBMC addon, or more intelligent handling of inferred watched status on trakts side. Right now I assume it's a simple function of "if there is a watched date, the status is watched" whereas having watched status be a separately handled piece of recorded data in the trakt database would be useful.

I suspect if that piece of data was exposed on the website it would have to be called something else though. My imagination fails me what that name would be. Or, it could simply never be seen, I suppose.

anyways, thanks for considering
I think I'm missing something really simple but I'm lost! I have been using trakt before and always after watching a movie/TV show I would get the rate dialogue box. After a fresh install of openelec on a Asus Chromebox and fresh install of the tract app I no longer get this pop up after watching. It looks like all settings are correct for this to happen am I missing anything?
This addon has been a godsend for my TV shows, but I'm having issues with movies. Only movies that have been watched after installing the trakt addon are showing. TV episodes are fine. So I have around 350 movies, but only 14 of them are showing on trakt.

Is there something I've done wrong or a setting I've missed?
can someone explain to me why when I start XBMC up the trakt addon covers the screen in a semi-transparent square taking focus away from the home screen and preventing from moving my selection around while the addon is "Synchronizing TV shows and Movies"? FYI I am using the WIP skin Eminence.
I have noticed strange problems with the add-on as well. I have seen it send 'marked as watched' status after actually watching a show but the manual 'mark as watched' does not appear to be working. I am also having issues with rating. I have always had trouble with 're-rating media', even after the associated setting is correct. I have only seen it work in a couple skins so thinking that may be the issue with consistent 're-rating media' functionality. Not sure what the more recent problems are but it sounds like others might be seeing symptoms as well. Any assistance is appreciated. Running 13.2 on an OUYA.

Updating this to report that the problems have resolved themselves, think my install was hosed and had some issues with connectivity to trakt.tv (wether it was a site issue or my local network I know not). Confused
(2014-02-07, 02:02)chriguhose Wrote: Installed version 2.3.1 from addon-repo and configured it with username/password.

now when a show ends i receive the following error (from logfile):

Code:
22:29:06 T:139742508017408  NOTICE: [trakt] [Rating] Rating Check called for 'episode'
22:29:06 T:139742508017408   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: getAccountSettings() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/default.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                traktService().run()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/service.py", line 142, in run
                                                self._dispatch(data)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/service.py", line 47, in _dispatch
                                                self.scrobbler.playbackEnded()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/scrobbler.py", line 212, in playbackEnded
                                                ratingCheck(self.curVideo['type'], self.traktSummaryInfo, self.watchedTime, self.videoDuration, self.playlistLength)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/rating.py", line 25, in ratingCheck
                                                rateMedia(media_type, summary_info)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/rating.py", line 45, in rateMedia
                                                globals.traktapi.getAccountSettings()
                                            TypeError: getAccountSettings() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Have i configured something wrong? Or do i need to update the addon. Any help appreciated!

I have the exact same in my log. My setup: Trakt 2.3.1 on:
- PC running XBMC 13.2-BETA1 Git:20140711-450924a, Aeon Nox skin: works flawlessy
- Raspbmc (256mb raspberri pi, wired network) running 13.2 Git:20140817-0f3db05, Quartz skin: gives the same error in the log as quoted after finishing an episode of a tv series.

Log indicates testAccount() was valid. On my pc I installed the script and it worked out of the box; on the Pi it seemed to do nothing at all, I ran the refresh settings from site in the script settings and this showed up in the logs but no functionality. Stopping and starting xbmc led to seeing the above error. Any help welcome...
(2014-08-28, 16:44)Silvaire Wrote: Question: I've been a long-time user of trakt to sync my watch list and to provide an online database of my library. However, I recently converted over to a multi-profile environment for my HTPC so that my wife can have her own watched list. I did this because I could not figure out a way to have trakt syncing enabled but also be able to unwatch stuff I've seen so that my wife can see it. When I do this, trakt plugin will override it reapply the watch flag.

I've never done multi profiles before and assumed it would solve my problem. I completely disabled trakt on my wife's profile and yet trakt is still running and syncing/overriding the watch list for my wife with my watched flags.

Is there a way to use trakt and resolve this situation for me? I guess I don't really understand XBMC profiles because it makes it seem program add-ons are silo'ed off and yet it is still running add-ons from other profiles.

Thanks.

Anyone else with this issue? I tried setting up a trakt account for my wife because I read somewhere that addon-settings WERE per profile, while addons themselves were global. However, whenever I scrobble in her profile with her settings, it seems to be taking the master account's settings and downloading my trakt watched status onto her files.
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
Great addon but every few weeks it stops working (script error) and I need to re-install. I know it sounds barmy and as if I'm doing something stupid but that's all I have to go on.
(2014-09-14, 14:51)VanZan Wrote: Great addon but every few weeks it stops working (script error) and I need to re-install. I know it sounds barmy and as if I'm doing something stupid but that's all I have to go on.
Yes, I experience the same thing but I have never been able to 'easily' identify the cause or consistently reproduce the errors. It usually gets fixed by an upgrade or 're-install'. With that said, I also do a lot of tinkering. In addition to my tinkering I have found the cause to be trakt.tv on a couple occasions. I posted the problems in general before but I know I have to do some work on my end to gather and post logs before anyone can help. Hopefully I'll find some. Time that is. Confused
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13