Win Customize Windows 7 for 'Complete HTPC feel'
(2012-11-28, 08:53)mfraser Wrote: http://www.mediafire.com/?eb2p2xhzhjh2rrn

dzsoco has very kindly uploaded and linked his original MP4 in full 1920x1080 goodness! Rofl It works a treat! Best boot screen intro EVER!

Bloody Awesome!!!!

Thanks dzsoco Big Grin
HP N54L server with 6GB Memory and 10TB storage
Freenas server
HD Homerun twin HD network tuners (awesome)
2 x Pi 512 (B)
Aww man this worked for me just a few days ago..now it doesn't..I did a reformat on my HTPC and now I get the winlogin error..must be something in a new update.. Sad (For the animated boot screen)

Edit://

So I am using Win7 64 bit but using the 64bit Bootchanger wouldn't work, I tried the normal one and it worked fine no issues. However I know when I used this before my logon image wasn't 200x200...the default windows one is even bigger than that...200x200 is worthless..

Hrm...
I put here my pack to modify ALL things in Windows 7. With this Windows 7 completly disapears, C-O-M-P-L-E-T-L-Y. Video Bootscreen under Virtualbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d575dlXGNw

After boot, XBMC appears automatically (not showed in the video because I don't have HW acceleration enabled, so its impossible to start XBMC).

Pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyp0o56t754epc...0TOTAL.zip

How-to:

Quote:- Install ResHack, you have in the pack.

- Remove the trash icon on the desktop.

- Remove any password that we set.

- Automatic login (click on the windows icon in the taskbar, type netplwiz, and disable the option "users must enter password ...").

- Remove UAC.

- Install Add_Take_Ownership.reg file that comes in the pack.

- Copy the following files on your desktop (copy, not move):

C: \ Windows \ System32 \ imageres.dll
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ en-US \ winlogon.exe.mui
C: \ Windows \ Branding \ Basebrd \ basebrd.dll
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ en-US \ winitit.exe.mui

- Open the desktop basebrd.dll file with Resource Hacker and remove all images that you find in "bitmap" (click on the bitmap folder found in the left, click on each image and now right click and choose delete). Once deleted everything click on save.

- Open the file winlogo.exe.mui the desktop, we'll String Table and we edit the text of the folders 63,64,69,76,188 (We replace the text by a space WITHOUT DELETE THE QUOTES, it should be like this: " "). Whenever you just edit a "string table", eg 63) we give "Compile" and with each one that I post. After editing everything click on save.

- Open the file imageres.dll desktop. and remove all images that you find in "bitmap" (click on the bitmap folder found in the left, click on each image and now right click and choose delete). Once deleted everything click on save.

- Open the file winlogo.exe.mui the desktop, we'll String Table and must edit all texts (text substituted the space WITHOUT DELETE THE QUOTES, it should look like: ""). Each time you edit a string just give it to "Compile" and with each one that I post. After editing everything click on save.

- Now let's replace the files in System32 and others for which we have edited and saved on the desktop. To do this right click on the file to replace and give in Take ownership. Then right click on the file to replace all permissions to all users. Now rename the file (do not you erase) to whatever you want and copy the edited file to your desktop.

- Replace the cursors "normal", "load" (the small circle) and the "normal + load" (small circle cursor) by blackdot folder. It changes from the control panel -> cursors. If it does not open regedit, go to HKEY_USERS \ Control Panel \ Cursors and change the path of all cursors for ours black.

- Change Bootloader with Win7Bootupdater program that comes in the pack. We use "Animation" (and choose as folder called Animación Final, which comes in the pack and method "Complete" and the wallpaper that comes in the Boot folder. Repeating both "Start" to "Resume".

- Use LogonScreenTweaker to put the black background (black wallpaper, which comes in the pack), we give the wrench and click on "remove" all the objects we can.

- Remove Messages startup / shutdown. For that open gpedit.msc, Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System. Disable both "Status Verbose vs normal" and "Remove boot status messages ..".

- Remove all languages ​​(both keyboard, such as windows, of whatever) except that we use (Spanish in my case, all this is in Control Panel) and enable the two options to copy the configuration, remove all that "show language icon" and the similar.

- Remove all system sounds at startup. Especially "starting windows" "windows shut" and "close windows" and destickar "play windows startup sound".

- Set as wallpaper the black folder and remove all desktop shortcuts.

- Using the Taskbar Eliminator. You can return to see the bar with ALT + T, put the option to run at Windows startup.

- Make a shortcut to XBMC and put it in the Startup folder.

-Before you restart the computer we click on the windows icon in the taskbar, type mcbuilder.exe and press enter. Reboot.

The only thing that not hide correctly is the cursor/circle after boot.

Regards Smile
I really love dzsoco's XBMC Intro Video, and I wanted it to be my Win 7 Boot logo as well. I've done some work to make one work within the limitations of the Windows 7 boot animation and wanted to share it with everyone.

The download link is here: http://goyney.deviantart.com/art/XBMC-Wi...-380138809

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customize Windows 7 for 'Complete HTPC feel'2