Best share format for ATV2 and USB Airdisk Airport Extreme
Hey All,

First post, be gentle.

I am very new at XBMC, but have been using Plex on a MacMini for many years. I am looking to replace the Mac Mini with the ATV2 but I am struggling with a couple of things.

1. Firstly, with out even adding any sources, scraping etc on a freshly JB'd ATV2 (Seas0npass and ATV Flash black) XBMC just keeps crashing, just navigating around and trying to add sources. Can XBMC run on an ATV2 stably, like, very rare crashes etc or should I just stick with the Mini? (After years of building and tweaking It finally has a high Wife Approval Factor)

2. I will need to keep all my media on a hard drive connected to my Airport Extreme. What share format is the most relible. See I managed to connect to the AirDisk via afp by putting in the afp://username:password@ip/Airdisk/Movies etc but every 5 mins (or after a crash) it would not seem to auto connect to the drive and all my media would say "Cannot connect to the network drive" or something. What format should I use that auto connects/mounts etc (And why can I not add sources via zeroconfig-afp, when I click on the afp option, nothing happens)

3. What is the Fastest, Lightest skin? With Confluence and still virtually no media added/scraped it can be quite slow (1-2 seconds lag)

4. I cannot supply any crash logs etc, because I was using an ATV2 for all this testing, and I have now sold it (mate gave me an offer I couldn't refuse) so I now have a shinny new ATV 3, clearly, like the rest of the world, waiting on a Jailbreak

5. Congratulations for getting this far, man, that was not supposed to be that long a first post!
1. Check the crash section of the iOS FAQ (wiki). I'm guessing you probably need to uninstall ATV Flash Black.

2. Use SMB (Windows Sharing) for the Airport Extreme. The AFP client in XBMC isn't very stable. This also might be why you are crashing so often.

3. It shouldn't be that slow, but something like Quartz or xTV-SAF is very light.

4. ...okay...
Ha! Thx Ned for making it to the end of my post.

I'll give smb a shot, when I clicked on smb though, like afp, nothing happend. I'll add the share directly with the smb syntax and see how it goes.

ATV flash.... No good? I'll have a look at the link, I thought I had read everything about crash causes (permissions, memory, apple updates) cause I was beginning to think this whole Xbmc on the ATV craze was a joke being it crashed like 10 times before I got a source added!

Thx again mate!
ATV Flash has had some issues before, and supposedly those have been fixed, but I can't confirm since I have not bought ATV Flash. It's only a guess at this point.

SMB on the Airport Extreme should show up under the Zeroconf browser, IIRC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best share format for ATV2 and USB Airdisk Airport Extreme0