Suggest me a new GFX card for my Gigabyte Zacate machine
Looking to beef up my video power. I have the Gigabyte E350 Zacate board. What is a good mid-upper range GFX card that will work for me? I have zero experience with GFX cards, so I'm not even sure I know what I need. Any help would be great!
For what? XBMC? Gaming?
Mostly XBMC, just having some issues with BD iso files thru TMT5 and PDVD 11. Super choppy playback (from a NAS over GB ethernet.

All my mkv files play fine (even those with HD audio), but for some reason my system just can't keep up with BD isos.
A new GPU? Can you build a new machine?

Its like installing a new 350cc engine in a Pinto.

Just trying to save you some buyer's remorse and save you money in the long run.
I was hoping to avoid it, but you may be right. Might be time to call in a favor from my buddies @ Intel. A good friend of mine had a hand in designing the mini-Itx spec so maybe he's got something laying around that I can poach.

How about this, knowing that I'm sticking to the ITX form factor, can you suggest a card I can use for now and also use in my next build?
(2012-08-22, 02:45)seedubxj Wrote: I was hoping to avoid it, but you may be right. Might be time to call in a favor from my buddies @ Intel. A good friend of mine had a hand in designing the mini-Itx spec so maybe he's got something laying around that I can poach.

How about this, knowing that I'm sticking to the ITX form factor, can you suggest a card I can use for now and also use in my next build?

I would recommend not using a card in your next build. Or at least starting without a card.
(2012-08-22, 02:23)seedubxj Wrote: Looking to beef up my video power. I have the Gigabyte E350 Zacate board. What is a good mid-upper range GFX card that will work for me? I have zero experience with GFX cards, so I'm not even sure I know what I need. Any help would be great!
I can playback all blu-ray files (ISO, MKV, M2TS, etc), BD on BD-ROM and streaming Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc in 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio using E350 chip with a discrete "Evga GeForce GT 430".......it run cool and it is very silent.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-08-22, 03:04)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-22, 02:23)seedubxj Wrote: Looking to beef up my video power. I have the Gigabyte E350 Zacate board. What is a good mid-upper range GFX card that will work for me? I have zero experience with GFX cards, so I'm not even sure I know what I need. Any help would be great!
I can playback all blu-ray files (ISO, MKV, M2TS, etc), BD on BD-ROM and streaming Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc in 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio using E350 chip with a discrete "Evga GeForce GT 430".......it run cool and it is very silent.......

Have you tried 3D Blu Ray ISOs?

Also, is this the same one you linked?

http://www.frys.com/product/6599863?site...IN_RSLT_PG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggest me a new GFX card for my Gigabyte Zacate machine0