• 2(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
Great. Thoughts on how to fix the date sorting piece? I can sort by title in XBMC, ascending, descending, but when I choose sort by date, nothing happens.
Does XBMC even recognize 'aired date' as a date? That might be why it's not sorting.

Noticed another special character that will need to be handled: '"' Also, does anyone know how to keep the view as 'Media info' instead of the default 'list' view?

I may be wrong, but can't we get more information from SageX instead of the Nielm's web server? I think we might be able to pull more meta data that way and perhaps even get the fan art to use as the icon.png.
(2012-08-23, 21:12)dinki Wrote: I may be wrong, but can't we get more information from SageX instead of the Nielm's web server? I think we might be able to pull more meta data that way and perhaps even get the fan art to use as the icon.png.

The only requirement here is to assume the sagex plugin is installed. It won't work without it. I am very familiar with how to do that as I spend significant time building the Plex-SageTV Agent to enable integration there (which uses the sagex calls).

If we take that approach, then the skies the limit, and we can easily pull in all metadata, all images, etc.

We would also have access to the entire SageTV API here: http://download.sage.tv/api/index-all.html

And here's the python code for the Plex-SageTV agent that pulls various metadata from Sage (see line 251 for example for urls that could be used for the images): http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-plex..._init__.py
What has been done here works, but I would love to see a much better integration with XBMC. It would be great if an add on could monitor the Sage recording directory and pull those files into the XBMC TV Shows listings with all meta data. I know that programs without season/episode information would be a problem but I think you guys had a workaround in the Plex scanner?
We did (e.g. we used "year" for the season # for example when one didn't exist). What you're talking about would be a SageTV-specific scraper. I have no clue where to start but I learned the Plex API/framework pretty easily. Is there a "simple" scraper that we could look at that could be used as a basis. Once the basic "plumbing" is in place, the Plex agent logic should be very transferrable (at least in concept).
I think you may be wanting to create .nfo files:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_library

and here's some info on creating an xbmc scraper:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Scrapers

Not sure if this is what you need but it should be a start.
That is a bumpy road with a possible deadend. Pix64 and I have been traveling it for quite a while and so far we have not gone very far.

See this thread for some info. The OP has old code posted into it. There has been newer code written, trying to base it off theTVdb scraper, but it is not working either. The wiki and examples are all based on movie scrapers. It seems TV shows are a different beast entirely.
Can't the .nfo files be created without creating a scraper? Couldn't they be created on the Sage side and then somehow trigger XBMC to do a scan?
You need each series in it's own folder. Then each folder needs a tvshow.nfo file and each episode needs a filename.nfo file. Sage doesn't put series in thier own folders.
I've made all the changes to the code so far and I'm going to push them up to github.

LehighBri,

Please note I moved the strURL variable declaration out of the def CATEGORIES(): section. This allows us to use it anywhere else in the code where we need the URL (like on line 130 for the delete command) and saves us from typing that long string out each time.

Right. I think that can be done using symbolic/hard links created in a separate directory so that you don't have to rename and move the actual sage recordings.
Right, look at slugger's SageSyn plugin for Sage. It does something quite similar minus the info files. Be warned. Read the manual on it or suffer the fate of Pix64 and possibly delete all your recordings Wink

SageSyn does it with playlist files. There was another app on these boards from another user that did the symlink process. I found it messy to deal with.

It would be really nice to just have a SageTV scraper.
Or perhaps an easier method is using what user Popeye suggested with the .strm files. I think Kricker may have mentioned this to me last week, but it seems to make more sense today:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1171659

Quote:Ok, I'm trying to give my two cents. In pneumatic I have made an option to import nzb's to the XBMC library. The trick is to create .strm files and make sure xbmc indexes the .strm files in the right context.
A .strm file is treated just like a .mkv or .avi so adding a .nfo will help xbmc with index information. In the case of pneumatic the .strm file contains a plugin:// url back to the pneumatic addon with all information needed to play the media.
So parse the data, create strm files and tell xbmc to index the .strm files...

I'm guessing that an .strm file can point at a file rather than having to be an internet stream. And if this is the case, it may make 'live tv' a more likely option as the TV Guide Add On launches .strm files that we may be able to create on demand.
.strm files are really just playlist files. They can point to anything and XBMC's code was changed to allow them to be imported as files and not treated as playlists. You can also have multiple links in the .strm file I believe. This allows you to play back multipart recordings. The bad news is each part plays back independently as separate files. So once you enter the second file, skipping back does not go back to the other file. Plus there is a small hesitation as the files are changed during playback. Slugger's solution was almost complete for XBMC minus the .nfo files needed to get things into the library.
Do you have a lot of multipart recordings? I don't have any.

Livetv is similar in the aspect that you can't skip back to the last show once a new program starts. A pause would be expected as sage doesn't record to some always growing buffer file thing, but this is getting a bit off topic.

What's the best path to take? Should .strm files with .nfo files created from SageX be used? They would be placed in a directory that XBMC would scan and import as tv recordings. The .strm files should keep us from having to create a tv show->tv episodes directory structure, right?

I did do a test a few days ago with a .nfo file that only contain a filename and it did put it in with my tv recordings so even recordings without season/episodes will still show up with the other tv recordings. I don't know if it will group similar named files though.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2