Acer Rl-70 and Openelec
Sorry to ask this here but the Openelec forums seem to be down (actually the whole site is down).

For my next xbmc box I am considering openelec on an RL-70. I had good luck with an RL-70 on windows, except I hate the typical windows issues (especially loss of focus on the xbmc window) that I still can't seem to stop. It does not provide the seamless experience for unsophisticated users in my household I want.

I have tried Ubuntu and Live installations and, perhaps because I am not very experienced at Linux, never really could sort out the driver and configuration issues to get a Radeon card to run 1080p reliably

So my question is, out of the box (or I guess straight off the USB drive is a better term) can I expect an RL-70 on Openelec to run 1080p streaming well? Or is it a big tweaking and driver hunt to get it to work right? Anyone have experience with this?
By the way, I have read that you can't get full bitstream audio with this combo. This does not worry me in this particular room, all I need is 2-channel stereo through hdmi. Just playing through the TV speakers in this room.
(2012-08-23, 18:15)pizzachef Wrote: Sorry to ask this here but the Openelec forums seem to be down (actually the whole site is down).

yes the site is down temporary (i dont know for how long) because of (D)DOS attacks. sorry for that.... :-(

(2012-08-23, 18:15)pizzachef Wrote: So my question is, out of the box (or I guess straight off the USB drive is a better term) can I expect an RL-70 on Openelec to run 1080p streaming well? Or is it a big tweaking and driver hunt to get it to work right? Anyone have experience with this?
By the way, I have read that you can't get full bitstream audio with this combo. This does not worry me in this particular room, all I need is 2-channel stereo through hdmi. Just playing through the TV speakers in this room.

because the RL70 is a normal AMD Fusion device it should work great with the actual OpenELEC Betas. For any help you can join our IRC channel #openelec on freenode.net too.

thanks

Stephan
greetings, Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Rl-70 and Openelec0