Exclude certain episodes from recently added list
So, I love the recently added list, coupled with Sickbeard it's incredibly useful for my normal use case. I can usually find what I want to watch within the recently added list.

However.

Once in a while I may find an older show that I enjoy, and import an entire season or so all at once. The problem arrises in that this new series will fill up the recently added list, knocking out the actual 'recent' shows.

It would be nice, if there where some way to flag files being added to the library as 'archive' or something, so that they are ignored when generating the recently added list.

First, is this an existing feature and my search attempts failed me?
Is this something others might find valuable?
And, is this something that would be realitivly easy/clean to implement?

I'd have a look at the code myself, except my knowledge of C is limited to one semester of CS101 more then a decade ago. Any patch I might be able to work up, would VERY likely detract from XBMC more then it would add ;-)
with master you can customize your library completely. so don't like the recently added list? create your own smart playlist rule instead.. you can then e.g. filter on path, filename, whatever.

note; this applies to the library node, the listing on home you cannot customize.
I've accomplished this by creating an episode smart playlist based on air date and watch status.
So you can have a list of episodes that have aired within the last 2 weeks that haven't been watched yet.

The watchlist script can include older shows that you have started watching where the next unseen episode is listed.
Hmm,

That will be interesting, not an ideal solution for my personal problem, but certainly workable.

Out of pure curiosity, what is the reason the listing on home can't be customized? Simply 'because', or is there a technical reason that this can't be replaced w/a default yet customizable smart playlist at some point in the future?

Full disclosure, I've never played w/the smart playlists, this might explain my ignorance here.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the next release (as usual).

it goes through other mechanisms, optimized for speed not customization (it really hurts on embedded platforms).

as the previous poster hinted at, you can use scripts instead of the built-in recently added code. this will require skin mods though, but if that doesn't scare you, that's the solution you are looking for. e.g. script.watchlist as he hints at, if that does not cut it, read it, understand it and hack it to your needs (it's python).
Thanks for the explanation, sir.

It certainly makes sense, given the iOS/Android/ARM/etc support.

I've got more then enough information to fix my own problem.

Keep up the good work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude certain episodes from recently added list0