Send video and audio thru diff HDMI ports
So I just borrowed a friends GT 430 to test in my E-350 zacate build to see if I can get a better result with 3D BD ISOs.

And I'm getting great playback results.

I am wanting to send video thru the gpu hdmi to my TV and audio thru the onboard hdmi to my AVR.

This would help me get around the HDMI 1.3 versus 1.4 issue with 3D BD and HD audio.

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

I'm running Win 7 32

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running TMT 5 and because my AVR is HDMI 1.3, TMT will not allow 3D playback.

Thanks all.
(2012-08-24, 02:00)seedubxj Wrote: I am running TMT 5 and because my AVR is HDMI 1.3, TMT will not allow 3D playback.
I doubt that you can make it work, because HDMI works by the lowest common denominator prinicipal. Even with 3D HDTV, you may run into problems with the EDID from your AVR may cause the source to stick in 2D mode.....

If you want to do it right, you might want to invest in this- Onkyo HT-RC360 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver

Hopefully, somebody can help you out on it though.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
SO I managed to get this to almost work 100%. I setup Win 7 to see my AVR as a 2nd monitor (which allowed audio/video to be passed via the HDMI on the GT 430) and I used a DVI to HMDI adapted to send video via DVI on the GT 430 to the TV.

It works except I cannot get audio via XBMC I think I just need to tweak the audio out options w/in XBMC. I am able to get audio with WMC7 and within windows, but just not XBMC yet.

Can someone explain the 2 options for audio output? I think one says passthru and the other says something else. Not in front of it right now. Thanks.
Ok, got audio working via XBMC now. Now I just don't get audio in TMT 5...gotta keep tweaking!
Are you trying to use TMT5 as an external player in xbmc? If you are, and you're using a pre-Frodo build, then AudioEngine could be hogging the audio device. I don't think there's been a fix for this yet. Some have gotten external player audio to work by using xbmc with the Directsound audio device instead of WASAPI.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
No, using it as stand alone. But its all sorted now. For some reason TMT5 defaulted back to optical audio. Once I switched it back, viola! Full HD audio and 3D BD playback w/ full menus! Very impressed with my little E350 machine, the GT 430 really gave it some muscle.
@thrak76 - just submitted PR to fix that Wink
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1326
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-25, 08:22)DDDamian Wrote: @thrak76 - just submitted PR to fix that Wink
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1326

Hey, that's great!

Question about that PR: Says It is currently only utilized by externalplayer.cpp in this context... That doesn't sound like AE will allow audio through for applications unrelated to XBMC externalplayer code? For instance, one minimizes xbmc and then tries to view a youtube video in a web browser?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-25, 01:53)seedubxj Wrote: Very impressed with my little E350 machine, the GT 430 really gave it some muscle.
I have been running on this combination for nearly 2 years now, and it haven't let me down yet.....it can playback evrything I threw at it so far.....if you want to use TMT5 as XBMC external player, you can check out this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send video and audio thru diff HDMI ports0