Set content/scrapers after import?
After importing a database there is no Movies and Tv Shows links for me to edit. Adding them again manually results in duplicate entries. How to I change things such as content type, excluded folders and scrapers after a database import?
The database imports everything stored in it. Sources are stored in sources.xml.

The only thing missing then should be the source links in videos-> files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I believe it should only make duplicates if the source paths are different than what's in the database (and XBMC is case-sensitive on the file paths, even if the file server/OS isn't).
(2012-08-25, 00:02)jmarshall Wrote: The database imports everything stored in it. Sources are stored in sources.xml.

The only thing missing then should be the source links in videos-> files.

My sources.xml does not include the TV and Movie folders, but everything still automatically updates. It must be stored somewhere else too when the database is rebuilt from an import. I need to know where this is, and how to make an exception to a subdirectory therein. I have mount/xbmc/movies and mount/xbmc/tv BUT mount/xbmc/tv/documentaries contains multiple shows. To make this scrape properly I need to exclude the documentaries subfolder of mount/xbmc/tv, and then explicitly add mount/xbmc/tv/documentaries as a secondary source.
The paths that have content set are stored in the database. The paths you see in video->files are not. Sometimes these coincide, sometimes they don't.

To exclude a path, set content on it to none. In your case you need to set content on the sub folder to tvshows and make sure that 'this folder contains a single show' is disabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Huh - clever that it recognises the explicit definition as more important. If I manually choose Update Library will it respect that the docos folder has multiple shows? I've done this a couple of times and it takes /documentaries as 'CBC Documentaries' and then just picks each subfolder of different shows to be seasons of CBC documentaries. The /documentaries folder has no .nfo or tbn in the root, but each subfolder has nfos and tbns in them (created by sickbeard).
XBMC not that clever after all. After reboot, CBC documentaries reappears as the scraper is trying to match 'Documentaries'. This time no episodes within it, but I think that's just because I have completely scraped the folder contents individually. This CBC entry must be coming from the parent entry (hidden in the db not sources.xml) that says each folder contains a show. I need a way to change that behaviour, and say 'noscan to tv/documentaries'. I think advancedsettings is a REGEX match feature that would block both this folder and all beneath it. (ie both the tv/docs inherited settings and the explicit definition in sources.xml)

Help please?
Try placing a text file saved as advancedsettings.xml in your userdata (wiki) folder with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <video>
          <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
               <regexp>Documentaries</regexp>
          </excludetvshowsfromscan>
     </video>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-08-25, 12:45)Ned Scott Wrote: Try placing a text file saved as advancedsettings.xml in your userdata (wiki) folder with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <video>
          <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
               <regexp>Documentaries</regexp>
          </excludetvshowsfromscan>
     </video>
</advancedsettings>
Done - cheers. I thought that this would prevent any path including 'Documentaries' from updating - which would include my explicit definition. So far so good though, so thanks again.

Nope - new content in this subdirectory is ignored because of the excludetvshowsfromscan tag. Is there a way to use regex to limit the match to Documentaries only? ie to match Documentaries/ but not match Documentaries/Showname ?
Got it!
1. Exported my videodb to confim the path being used to my content (there are, of course, many different ways to get to the same content - thanks Ned Scott for pointing out that duplicates should not be created if the path matches)

2. Added a new TV Shows source that included ~/mount/TV and ~/mount/TV/Documentaries as the folders (these matched the paths in the videodb)

3. removed the entry from advancedsettings.xml

4. Set 'exclude this folder from library scans' and set scraper to None on the previously mentioned Documentaries video source. This will obviously remove everything from under that source.

5. Update Library

With that process the TV Shows source is listened to, and the don't scan behaviour I want for just the Documentaries parent folder is achieved. Thanks for the assistance; I wouldn't have been able to solve it without help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set content/scrapers after import?0