• 29(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
(2014-05-11, 05:35)wolverine30008 Wrote: ZexisStryfe

Finally solved the "in cinemas" missing issue.Just a simple reinstall of XBMC and I also used the extended info script from the xb1 skin and reinstalled your skin for fix.I really need to get out more often because it really made my day lol One thing Im still curious about though is the music and music videos "most popular" panel and hub section-what add on or script does that use to function because again that option does nothing.Let me know thanks again for your help.looking forward to the next and future updates

Glad to hear you figured it out, because I was stumped.

The Most Popular section uses the "Random and Last Items" script.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Hi Zexis,

is it possible to use fan art for mutiple background images for movies and tv shows? on contineous cycle?

also i havent given it much try but i'd like to see a favourtie direclty as a tile, or an add-on as a tile, so i can pin lets say you tube directly in movies/tv shows or custom menu
(2014-05-13, 07:31)mukati Wrote: Hi Zexis,

is it possible to use fan art for mutiple background images for movies and tv shows? on contineous cycle?

also i havent given it much try but i'd like to see a favourtie direclty as a tile, or an add-on as a tile, so i can pin lets say you tube directly in movies/tv shows or custom menu

Short answer- yes! Laugh

Regarding the multiple backgrounds- I assume you mean on the home screen. Those can be set in Personalize -> Backgrounds.

Regarding custom tiles- When you assign a tile to a socket on the home screen in Personalize -> Home Screen you can select Custom Tile, which will let you do exactly what you are asking.

Thanks for the direction on custom tile info.

On the backgrounds, I just get the option to choose multiple backgrounds. What i'm looking for is something that is found in skin Ace (where i'm coming from). In that it would auto donwnload and arange your art and then cycle it every few secs.
(2014-05-13, 04:03)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2014-05-11, 05:35)wolverine30008 Wrote: ZexisStryfe

Finally solved the "in cinemas" missing issue.Just a simple reinstall of XBMC and I also used the extended info script from the xb1 skin and reinstalled your skin for fix.I really need to get out more often because it really made my day lol One thing Im still curious about though is the music and music videos "most popular" panel and hub section-what add on or script does that use to function because again that option does nothing.Let me know thanks again for your help.looking forward to the next and future updates

Glad to hear you figured it out, because I was stumped.

The Most Popular section uses the "Random and Last Items" script.

I am on Windows 8.1 and Gotham. I downloaded xb1 portable with everything working and copied the addons and addon_data (if existed) for Favourites, Extended Info, Random and Last Items, and Trakt and now have everything working in the UI (Not using XBMC as a PVR so didn't bother with Next Aired). The In Cinemas, and You might also like did not work for me before but do now.
(2014-05-13, 15:20)mukati Wrote: Thanks for the direction on custom tile info.

On the backgrounds, I just get the option to choose multiple backgrounds. What i'm looking for is something that is found in skin Ace (where i'm coming from). In that it would auto donwnload and arange your art and then cycle it every few secs.

I would have to look, but i would guess that has to be leveraging Artwork Downloader...

Yup.. that would be it!
I don't have Artwork Downloader integrated at this point. It is something I am hoping to get set for beta5.1 though (and am currently working on), so I may be able to add this for you at that point.

Zexixstryfe:
Do those features use my own music and music video library or another add on in conjunction with the corresponding last and random scripts?
I have to ask, because I can't see anywhere to change it.

But why (at least here) is the information panel in a tiny box on the top left corner when playing a movie? Is that how it's supposed to look or should it sit along the bottom of the video and fill the entire width as pretty much all other skins do (and even the screen shots on page 1 show)?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
@ZexisStryfe

I have a feature proposal Smile. Could you implement a little digital clock (with current time) to be always vissible in the bottom right corner of the screen, when we watch movie, show or live tv? It would be great to have such option, and that it could be enabled or disabled in Settings, if someone doesn't like it. Do you know what I am talking about? I don't think that any skin has this option yet.
(2014-05-15, 01:12)SmoothEmJay Wrote: I have to ask, because I can't see anywhere to change it.

But why (at least here) is the information panel in a tiny box on the top left corner when playing a movie? Is that how it's supposed to look or should it sit along the bottom of the video and fill the entire width as pretty much all other skins do (and even the screen shots on page 1 show)?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

This is the debug information. this can be disabled in the Settings -> Personalize ->Debug menu.

I love your skin, and I use it on my main XBMC box. It works better than most on a upnp client xbmc box (you can set up a custom menu to go to video files), but like any other xbmc skin, movies, tv, music, and other library functions won't work as a upnp client (it's all buried in files).

Someone (matt_ric) has modified confluence to work quite well as a upnp client skin (adding an additional options in settings that then updates the movies, tv, and music in the home to point to those destinations via upnp:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160603

Is there a way to integrate that here? Your skin is a great one for upnp clients (light weight, easy to use, and rather intuitive), and this would make it the best for this scenario.
Zexixstryfe
Any word on my last post regarding an updated list of all scripts and dependencies needed for all options to be activated
Every-time I go to a trending movie selection from the Home screen I get a "Extended Info Script error" but when doing the same with Trending TV Shows on the home screen I do not get the error.Any ideas whyHuhIm guessing it has to do with a missing structure or...?

Is The "In Cinemas"home screen movies section selectable??If so it is not working-nothing happens when chosen not even a script error notification

As always any help or advice is appreciated,Looking forward to the update soon.Thanks for all your hard work
Zexixstryfe

Guess your busy-Thats understandable.

I have two request that you might be able to implement in your skins next or following release update-first could u possibly include the dates for airing and premiering shows under the Trakt TV section/script??Secondly could you integrate a useful script called "Metadata Actors" it pulls actor bios and filmography when selecting an actors thumb in "Movie Information".I read on the "Metadata Actors script forum that another user managed to add it to the Gotham "Bello" skin.Right now I can use it in program add ons but it only lets you use "search" by actors name.All other options do nothing-search only works with actors name not by TV Show,Movie or director but then again that may be something the script editor can work on.

Keep me Posted-Thanks
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23