• 3(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
(2012-09-04, 03:33)ZexisStryfe Wrote: So, just a question to those of you who want the fanart dimmed- Just how dim would you want it?

And I am listening to your suggestions (and please keep them coming!)- the Alpha will include a toggle to dim the artwork in the skin settings.

UPDATE- A toggle for the fanart overlay has been added for the media views and a second has been added for the home screen overlay. these toggles can be turned on in the Skin settings menu.

Check out this new skin that just came out : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139712

The dimming on fanart is exactly what i had in mind
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Thank you for implementing the option for Dimming. Smile I like having a choice when it comes to optimisation! I think I will leave it off though...but that is just me. Smile

I know it isn't (or at least shouldn't be) a priority but I would love to see your version/implementation/take of the movie "panel" view from Stoli's Neon skin. Again, I love the views you already have (particularly the "fanart list" view; and honestly I can't see myself using anything else) but I like your style and it got me thinking to what you might be able to do... Your eye for design and implementation is unparalleled. Smile

Possibly (if you are feeling really creative), your take on the 16x9 view for TV shows as well?

But again, there is no demand from anyone (other than my professional curiosity) so there is no need to rush out or heed anything I have mentioned. Smile
Wondering if the TV episode view below from Lightbox has been implemented or planned? I think it's one of the best views in any skin (though slightly larger/widescreen-where-appropriate thumbnails would be an improvement IMO Tongue )

Edit: and is the colour scheme changeable by any chance?

Thanks, still looking forward to this
Heh, Da-anda, that movie tile background is a legacy background from Lightbox. I actually removed it from the skin for the very reasons you speak of. The overlay I added makes the images much dimmer than they are without the overlay, however they aren't anywhere near as dark as they are in Immersive (I am hovering around 60-70% transparency I believe).

TzirSora, I would be happy to take a crack at those two views. Honestly, if you (or anyone) wants a particular view and there is enough support behind it, I would be more than willing to try and integrate it. The whole point of this skin was to recreate my favorite views from several skins (that fanart view is from ronie's Transparency!) with a unified visual style, so as long as it fits the metroTV style, I will do my best to oblige.

Username145, that view is included, although heavily modified as an episode view (You can see it in the screenshots. It has Batman: tBatB on it). I will however be developing a view much closer to that version for a Song view. I have always preferred skins with greater fanart visibility, hence the design of this skin and the changes to the episode version of that view.

Oh, and yes, there will be more color themes available starting with Beta. The first will be the Lime Green color as a tribute to Tree_Jammer's Lightbox skin, however I have several more planned.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2012-09-04, 19:15)ZexisStryfe Wrote: TzirSora, I would be happy to take a crack at those two views. Honestly, if you (or anyone) wants a particular view and there is enough support behind it, I would be more than willing to try and integrate it. The whole point of this skin was to recreate my favorite views from several skins (that fanart view is from ronie's Transparency!) with a unified visual style, so as long as it fits the metroTV style, I will do my best to oblige.

Thank you ZexisStryfe, that is much obliged! I really appreciate it. Smile

Any news or updates Smile ?
I am planning on releasing the Alpha build tonight. In this build most of the work has been done on the Home, Settings, Movies and TV show areas. The Music section is skinned however the number of views is currently limited and several things are likely to change. I haven't done any work on the Pictures section as of yet. there will be more details when I post the release.

Awesome news! Can't wait ZexisStryfe! Thanks again for all your hard work!
Exclamation 
Alright everyone, check the top post!

Please post all comments and bugs reports in this thread for the time being.

Have fun and let me know what you think!

I got dependencies not met when i try to install.
Ah, forgot to add script dependencies in the first post. You need Next aired, xbmc subtitles and global search

(2012-09-12, 01:23)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Ah, forgot to add script dependencies in the first post. You need Next aired, xbmc subtitles and global search

I have all of those. Maybe its because of its versions?

Sorry guys! I am getting dependency errors too and I also have all of the required addons installed...
Same here unfortunately, have those 3 addons and running eden

Edit: Popped the folder in appdata addons folder and it runs now, looking good!
Very odd. What version of XBMC are you guys using? This was built using the Eden release.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23