• 32(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Hey Koloss,

I am not sure what you mean. I run metroTV on XBMC 13.2 without any issues.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Does anyone know where the settings file for the skin is located?
I have multiple PIs and the wife wants the same options everywhere so copy would be the easiest way Smile
I believe this is what you are looking for (windows 7/8)-

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\profiles\%PROFILENAME%\guisettings.xml

Thnx filename was enough. Located in /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/
It worked but you have to stop xbmc first before the copy. As when it shutsdown it save the running config.
Am a happy man now and waiting for the new version Smile
I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this or not, but I get overlapping text in Codecinfo when using metroTV. It displays fine when using the default Confluence skin.
(2014-09-25, 22:21)OtisPresley Wrote: I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this or not, but I get overlapping text in Codecinfo when using metroTV. It displays fine when using the default Confluence skin.

That is very interesting... that isn't a screen I have control over either. Does anyone happen to know which system font this uses?

(2014-09-28, 15:54)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 22:21)OtisPresley Wrote: I am not sure if anyone else is seeing this or not, but I get overlapping text in Codecinfo when using metroTV. It displays fine when using the default Confluence skin.

That is very interesting... that isn't a screen I have control over either. Does anyone happen to know which system font this uses?

I don't know that it helps, but I did uncover this mail on Sourceforge where there was a commit in the Metropolis skin to fix overlapping text in codecinfo display.
(2014-09-29, 05:18)OtisPresley Wrote: I don't know that it helps, but I did uncover this mail on Sourceforge where there was a commit in the Metropolis skin to fix overlapping text in codecinfo display.

I will look into this.

(2014-07-15, 20:23)ullms Wrote:
(2014-07-14, 19:18)ullms Wrote: When I switch to view the EPG. XBMC completely locks up / freezes (have to force close it). I'm going to be doing a fresh re-install of XBMC soon. But I will try the latest version on the Github first.

Thanks.

Ok did a fresh install of XBMC 13.2 beta 1. Now the EPG/XBMC does not freeze but I have a thick white band between the channel names and the first EPG show listing. The band is present through the whole guide and does not disappear when searching through the EPG.

Thanks

Ullms,

I finally was able to replicate your issue with the EPG (only took 2 months of fiddling with my PVR to get it to work). It seems there is some odd bug with Gotham where if you have a layout in the epg with a width of 254 it konks out. I fixed that issue with my next release (Beta 6). Which should hopefully be out in a week or so. Also, the white box (which is the progress box has been sent to be more transparent, so you shouldn't have that issue anymore in the new release.

Was anyone able to install this on XBMC MinixEdition?

I tried to install from zip file but nothing happened...
Hi ZexisStyfe

I just install this skin and it looks very promising indeed! What Windows Media Center (MCE) might have been like if Microsoft kept on developing it.

I currently use Aeon MQ5 but I will certainly be keeping this skin on my test machine and checking it out more.
I'm getting bored with Aeon, its a full blown skin with all the bells and whistles and it works great (mostly) but the menu system is looking old hat.

Maybe I am missing a simpler looking MCE LOL. Funny thing is I hate Windows 8, but used MCE for years.

Like your skin though, keep up the great work!!
Hi

When Personalising the background images in the settings, I seem to be having a problem with the "Profiles" and "Search" backgrounds.

If I change the background image for Search it actually changes the Profiles one instead and Search remains the same as it was.

And if I try to change the Profiles background nothing happens. So these two are mixed up somehow.

Also can the weather background images be changed? I presume there are seasonal images for the weather.

Thanks
Hi

Regarding the custom menu can you have more than one?

I have renamed mine to "NET TV" and I tried to add some individual video add-ons actually onto the menu tiles. However I was only able to add Video add-ons as you can see in the screen shot.

Ideally I'd like to be able to put the Youtube or iPlayer video add-on on the menu tiles

Thanks

EDIT: I figured it out, you select custom tile and video add-ons and then Youtube or what ever to put Youtube on to one of the tiles, sweet!.

So is there only one custom menu available?
Hi

Regarding the Music menu tiles some little quirks?

On Slot 1 of the tiles in the settings you can select the following:

Albums
Artists
Songs

I selected Albums.

On Slot 2 I would have selected Artists. However you cannot seem to select Artists or Songs for slots other than on slot 1?

Also a Recently Played option is a must for the music tiles!

There is an option you can select however for Recently Added I saw.

Thanks

P.S I am really liking this skin! I hope its still being actively developed.

EDIT:

Likewise for the Music Hub, would like to see an option for "Recently Played" in here.

Thanks
(2014-07-15, 22:56)ullms Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 20:36)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Can you post a screenshot? i should be able to fix that...

I have that problem as well with the white box. I am running Windows 7 as the OS.

Also the skin / XBMC (Gotham 13.2) hangs often now when I try to go in to the Timeline EPG. I did get in there a few times at first.
I then have to quit XBMC to recover. I am using DVBLink Server as the back-end.

These areas seem to open OK without issues:

All Channels
Radio List
Recordings
TV Timers

But when I click on Channel List it hangs.
Or if I go to All channels and then change the view to EPG Timeline it hangs.

If I switch back to the Confluence skin then the EPG TimeLine opens OK.

Thanks

EDIT:

Sounds like you might have fixed this?

(2014-10-09, 20:23)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Ullms,

I finally was able to replicate your issue with the EPG (only took 2 months of fiddling with my PVR to get it to work). It seems there is some odd bug with Gotham where if you have a layout in the epg with a width of 254 it konks out. I fixed that issue with my next release (Beta 6). Which should hopefully be out in a week or so. Also, the white box (which is the progress box has been sent to be more transparent, so you shouldn't have that issue anymore in the new release.
Hi

Think this was mentioned previously by another user, after I skimmed over the entire thread.

When changing the Default background image in the personalise settings.

You can still see the old default background, Confluence blue bubbles? In various areas of the skin

For example if I go to All Pictures I can still see it there.

And in Radio List, Recordings etc and various other areas.

I have also changed the Music background image as you can see here.

However when I go in to various areas of Music like Recently Added / Last Played, the old default image is still displayed.

Many thanks.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23