• 33(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Hi

Regarding Movie and TV Show Genres is it possible to have your own custom icon images and fanart images for Genres?

I also have some default Genre icons missing

These missing genre icons include:

For Movies:

Holiday (Christmas)
Kids
SCI-FI & Fantasy

For TV Shows:

Mini-Series
Reality
Special Interest
Talk Show

I couldn't find the location of these icons within the skins folders on the C: drive.

Also in the screen shot above that background image with the clapper board, how do you change that? I see that in various areas of the skin and its not my Movies default background etc.

For example when I go in to Movies -> Genres or Actors or Directors or Years or Studios or Countries etc its always the same background image of the clapper board, if these backgrounds could be customized a bit that would be great.

Thanks

Hi

One feature request would be an option to hide completely the Profiles User on the home page. I've never used profiles in XBMC and for me personally its pointless it being there. If we could turn its visibility on or off that would be great!

Also a similar option to turn on or off the display of the XBMC / Kodi logo.

Thanks
Just stumbled accross this skin. It looks awesome!

Is this a 'light' skin - i.e. suitable for the likes of the Apple TV2?
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

(2014-10-21, 11:30)flekz Wrote: Just stumbled accross this skin. It looks awesome!

Is this a 'light' skin - i.e. suitable for the likes of the Apple TV2?

I believe so, people further back in the thread were talking about using it on Raspberry Pi.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1447933

Myself I have proper HTPC's running Intel i3's so can choose any skin I wish which is nice.

This is a skin, if it gets finished I would really like to move to however.
Hi

Currently running the skin / XBMC on my Windows 7 laptop, I just set the desktop screen resolution to 1280x720P. I also ensured that XBMC is set to the same. Running XBMC in full screen mode...

When in music full screen playback mode, tracks with longer names get cut off in the top right.

Also in the lower left hand corner the R off random is cut off.

Also is or would it be possible to have a Now Playing icon appear on one of the Music Tiles on the Music menu home screen?

Now playing can currently be accessed by clicking the Music menu and then under Explore Now Playing appears at the top.

Also after a while the album cover art in playback full screen mode disappears. Is there an option to keep this on screen maybe?

And also I don't appear to have any artist fanart behind the full screen visualisation.

Do the Lyrics look to be a bit on the small size?

Any planned support for the excellent Artist SlideShow add-on?

Many Thanks
Hi

Movies:

I love this Movie View (View Showcase) its amazing! Would it be possible to hide the year at the bottom next to the movies title? Or have it in brackets ( )

Also might be nice to see the actual IMDB rating next to the stars in the plot area?

And on the Movie Information pages a killer option would be able to slow down the speed that the synopsis scrolls at. This really bugs me in Aeon MQ5 as its too fast and I can't read the synopsis properly.

On the Panel view are the media codec icons missing?

Movie Sets:

The Movie Sets area seems to be displaying Folder.jpg (THUMB images) rather than my Poster.jpg cover images?

I use to use Windows MCE and MyMovies.dk and I still have all the old Folder.jpg cover art images from MyMovies.dk. I still maintained the MyMovies database in case I switched back to it at some point in time.

On this screen shot of the Movie sets area you can see Avatar is displaying the MyMovies Blu-ray cover image. (I believe this is the Thumb image in XBMC)

Also the cover images in the movie sets area are too square shaped.

If I look at the Avatar image from the Movie Library rather than from Movie Sets, it looks OK and is correctly displaying the Poster image

Here you can see the artwork files for Avatar on my file server

In Aeon MQ5 these old Folder.jpg images / Thumb images are never displayed for my movies, I just see the Poster images downloaded by Artwork Downloader.

This is the Movie Sets area in Aeon MQ5

Here is another example

Movie Sets area. (The Chronicles of Riddick Collection) Is displaying the Folder.jpg THUMB image rather than the Poster image.

As it looks in the Movies Titles area.

This Riddick Collection cover image you can see in the above screen shot, was downloaded manually and applied to the system using the "Movie Sets Artwork Automator" script.

Cheers
Hi

TV Shows:

When in logo view if a TV Show has no logo its just blank.

I guess its not possible to instead have the name of the TV Show here in Text.

Here is how it looks in Aeon MQ5, at least there is some text in the top left with the name of the TV Show, and Aeon just displays a default Aeon MQ5 logo if there isn't a logo for the show etc.

Think this was mentioned further back in the thread? Can't find it now, when in TV Shows Panel view and upon entering in to a TV Show there is a grey blank box. Should the synopsis for the show be displayed here no matter if you have all seasons highlighted or any of the other seasons highlighted?

Also I feel Season 1 is in the wrong position and should be where Season 2 is?

Thanks
Can't find it, but is there a youtube vid of the skin in action?
I like experience 1080 and this looks the same genre
Okay... thanks for all the feed back CW-Kid. Let me go through these posts one at a time-

(2014-10-21, 11:22)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Regarding Movie and TV Show Genres is it possible to have your own custom icon images and fanart images for Genres?

I also have some default Genre icons missing

These missing genre icons include:

For Movies:

Holiday (Christmas)
Kids
SCI-FI & Fantasy

For TV Shows:

Mini-Series
Reality
Special Interest
Talk Show

I couldn't find the location of these icons within the skins folders on the C: drive.

Also in the screen shot above that background image with the clapper board, how do you change that? I see that in various areas of the skin and its not my Movies default background etc.

For example when I go in to Movies -> Genres or Actors or Directors or Years or Studios or Countries etc its always the same background image of the clapper board, if these backgrounds could be customized a bit that would be great.

Thanks

Hi

One feature request would be an option to hide completely the Profiles User on the home page. I've never used profiles in XBMC and for me personally its pointless it being there. If we could turn its visibility on or off that would be great!

Also a similar option to turn on or off the display of the XBMC / Kodi logo.

Thanks

1.) Currently you cannot add new genre icons, but in the next beta release (I am waiting for Helix beta 1 to hit) you will be able to. I have moved the genre icons out to a extras folder. I will try to get icons for the movie and TV genres you suggested into that beta release.

2.) I will add these screens to my list and make sure they can be customized.

3.) I will try to add the ability to hide the profiles info, although it may screw with navigation. I will have to play around with the code and see.

(2014-10-21, 12:11)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Currently running the skin / XBMC on my Windows 7 laptop, I just set the desktop screen resolution to 1280x720P. I also ensured that XBMC is set to the same. Running XBMC in full screen mode...

When in music full screen playback mode, tracks with longer names get cut off in the top right.

Also in the lower left hand corner the R off random is cut off.

Also is or would it be possible to have a Now Playing icon appear on one of the Music Tiles on the Music menu home screen?

Now playing can currently be accessed by clicking the Music menu and then under Explore Now Playing appears at the top.

Also after a while the album cover art in playback full screen mode disappears. Is there an option to keep this on screen maybe?

And also I don't appear to have any artist fanart behind the full screen visualisation.

Do the Lyrics look to be a bit on the small size?

Any planned support for the excellent Artist SlideShow add-on?

Many Thanks

4.) This kaitoast notification has already been redesigned. Unfortunately due to the amount of text that can show up in that small dialog box there is always the chance of text getting cut off though.

5.) Unfortunately that R getting cut off is an issue with the skinning engine. I have tried several times to resolve it, to no avail. I will continue to try and fix it though.

6.) I can look at getting a now playing tile working for the home screen.

7.) I believe there is nothing I can do about the coverart disappearing, but I will doublecheck.

8.) I will take care of the artist fanart.

9.) That lyrics screen isn't currently skinned as part of my skin. It is a separate add-on, although I will be skinning it in the next Beta release so that should help.

10.) Artist Slideshow is in the plans, yes! Wink

(2014-10-21, 13:08)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Movies:

I love this Movie View (View Showcase) its amazing! Would it be possible to hide the year at the bottom next to the movies title? Or have it in brackets ( )

Also might be nice to see the actual IMDB rating next to the stars in the plot area?

And on the Movie Information pages a killer option would be able to slow down the speed that the synopsis scrolls at. This really bugs me in Aeon MQ5 as its too fast and I can't read the synopsis properly.

On the Panel view are the media codec icons missing?

Movie Sets:

The Movie Sets area seems to be displaying Folder.jpg (THUMB images) rather than my Poster.jpg cover images?

I use to use Windows MCE and MyMovies.dk and I still have all the old Folder.jpg cover art images from MyMovies.dk. I still maintained the MyMovies database in case I switched back to it at some point in time.

On this screen shot of the Movie sets area you can see Avatar is displaying the MyMovies Blu-ray cover image. (I believe this is the Thumb image in XBMC)

Also the cover images in the movie sets area are too square shaped.

If I look at the Avatar image from the Movie Library rather than from Movie Sets, it looks OK and is correctly displaying the Poster image

Here you can see the artwork files for Avatar on my file server

In Aeon MQ5 these old Folder.jpg images / Thumb images are never displayed for my movies, I just see the Poster images downloaded by Artwork Downloader.

This is the Movie Sets area in Aeon MQ5

Here is another example

Movie Sets area. (The Chronicles of Riddick Collection) Is displaying the Folder.jpg THUMB image rather than the Poster image.

As it looks in the Movies Titles area.

This Riddick Collection cover image you can see in the above screen shot, was downloaded manually and applied to the system using the "Movie Sets Artwork Automator" script.

Cheers

11.) I should be able to code up an option to hide the year, but it will be across all movie views.

12.) I can do this as well.

13.) Yes, they are missing. I already have this resolved in the new code, however.

14.) I will fix that view for movie sets.

(2014-10-21, 13:35)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

TV Shows:

When in logo view if a TV Show has no logo its just blank.

I guess its not possible to instead have the name of the TV Show here in Text.

Here is how it looks in Aeon MQ5, at least there is some text in the top left with the name of the TV Show, and Aeon just displays a default Aeon MQ5 logo if there isn't a logo for the show etc.

Think this was mentioned further back in the thread? Can't find it now, when in TV Shows Panel view and upon entering in to a TV Show there is a grey blank box. Should the synopsis for the show be displayed here no matter if you have all seasons highlighted or any of the other seasons highlighted?

Also I feel Season 1 is in the wrong position and should be where Season 2 is?

Thanks

15.) Hrm... there should be title text there. Let me poke around.

16.) Already resolved in my new code Wink

17.) This is because it is a horizonal panel.

(2014-10-20, 21:22)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Regarding the custom menu can you have more than one?

I have renamed mine to "NET TV" and I tried to add some individual video add-ons actually onto the menu tiles. However I was only able to add Video add-ons as you can see in the screen shot.

Ideally I'd like to be able to put the Youtube or iPlayer video add-on on the menu tiles

Thanks

EDIT: I figured it out, you select custom tile and video add-ons and then Youtube or what ever to put Youtube on to one of the tiles, sweet!.

So is there only one custom menu available?

18.) You can have as many custom tiles as you like.

(2014-10-20, 21:37)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Regarding the Music menu tiles some little quirks?

On Slot 1 of the tiles in the settings you can select the following:

Albums
Artists
Songs

I selected Albums.

On Slot 2 I would have selected Artists. However you cannot seem to select Artists or Songs for slots other than on slot 1?

Also a Recently Played option is a must for the music tiles!

There is an option you can select however for Recently Added I saw.

Thanks

P.S I am really liking this skin! I hope its still being actively developed.

EDIT:

Likewise for the Music Hub, would like to see an option for "Recently Played" in here.

Thanks

19.) These should be unlocked in the new version.

20.) Recently Played Tile... got it.

(2014-10-21, 00:00)cw-kid Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 22:56)ullms Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 20:36)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Can you post a screenshot? i should be able to fix that...

I have that problem as well with the white box. I am running Windows 7 as the OS.

EDIT:

Sounds like you might have fixed this?

21.) It is fixed in Beta6. The white box is actually the progress bar in EPG. This is also fixed.

(2014-10-21, 11:11)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Think this was mentioned previously by another user, after I skimmed over the entire thread.

When changing the Default background image in the personalise settings.

You can still see the old default background, Confluence blue bubbles? In various areas of the skin

For example if I go to All Pictures I can still see it there.

And in Radio List, Recordings etc and various other areas.

I have also changed the Music background image as you can see here.

However when I go in to various areas of Music like Recently Added / Last Played, the old default image is still displayed.

Many thanks.

22.) I Will look into this.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Hi ZexisStryfe

I formatted my computer because Movies on home screen won't allow 'Recently added' panel. Basically nothing appears, just blank underneath title - 'Recently Added'

I install everything again:

0.5b

If I install the 0.3.1a version:

0.3.1a

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot
A new version released on Jan 11, 2015 (Helix compatibility) with new fonts and looks great.

Only missing was when adjusting the alignment page there was no bar for the height of the subtitle bar.
(It was there in the previous version though)
If it isn't posted on the first page of this thread and isn't in the change log on the project site, then it isn't a release; it is just a commit to the source code. One thing that should come with Helix compatibility though is a working keyboard. It is currently blank and unusable on mine, so I have to switch to another skin to use it. Aside from that and integrating CU LRC Lyrics (maybe something like is done with Xperience1080), mine works pretty well on Helix already. I am excited to see what's new when the next release is ready!

(2015-01-14, 16:13)slommer Wrote: A new version released on Jan 11, 2015 (Helix compatibility) with new fonts and looks great.

Only missing was when adjusting the alignment page there was no bar for the height of the subtitle bar.
(It was there in the previous version though)
Yes, there was a commit this weekend. It isn't the final version of Beta release 6 though. Feel free to try it (it is fully compatible with Helix) but there is a good amount of things that are buggy in it still and I am in the process of reskinning the extended info movie info screen. I will look into the subtitle bar though.

EDIT- Skinning the Lyrics screen is next on my list! Smile

Alrighty guys,

So i am nearing my next release (Beta 6) and I wanted to give you a quick rundown as to where I am as far as updates/fixes-

New Features

- Skin has been migrated to Kodi v14 HELIX!
- ExtendedInfo script has been integrated into the skin, replacing DialogVideoInfo (can be disabled)
- ExtendedInfo actors has been integrated and skinned (replaces Metadata Actors support)
- Removed Themes/Colors and added a Color Picker to select accent colors
- Skin has been added to Transifex for translations
- Added in progress markers to video views
- Added Artwork Downloader support
- Genre icons have been migrated to "extras" and new ones can be added
- CU LRC Lyrics window has been skinned
- Settings icon can be reenabled on home screen
- KaiToast has been redesigned to provide more info

Bug Fixes

- Text/ button overlap in Peripherals window - FIXED
- Media Flags don't show up in Video info window - FIXED
- Media Flags not showing up in Panel View - FIXED
- Lyrics script bug in SkinSettings - FIXED
- LiveTV/MusicVideos/Games revert background to default - FIXED
- Popular Albums / TV Shows on deck panels don't work - FIXED
- Advanced Launcher Tile is broken - FIXED
- RCB Most Played panel not showing BoxArt - FIXED
- PVR crashes / shows white box in EPG - FIXED
- Rotten Tomatoes scrapers not working - FIXED
- Add IMDB ratings to showcase views - FIXED
- Fix MovieSets, Actors, and Directors views - FIXED
- Alternate backgrounds do not propegate - FIXED

I have a few more bugs I need to squash before I do a formal release but please let me know if I missed anything you guys need fixed! I do expect this release to be rather buggy due to the Helix changes, so as always your help is appreciated!

Thats alot of work...Simple question. did you remove XBMC logo altogether or replace with Kodi name...Cheers
(2015-01-20, 22:31)Damac10 Wrote: Thats alot of work...Simple question. did you remove XBMC logo altogether or replace with Kodi name...Cheers

Yes... Yes I did... Big Grin

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23