• 4(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
(2012-09-12, 13:11)username145 Wrote: Edit: Popped the folder in appdata addons folder and it runs now, looking good!

You sir, are a true national treasure! Smile Works like a charm!

This is quite literally, hands down, the most perfect skin I have ever used in my four years of being an XBMC user. Bravo Zexis Stryfe! Bravo indeed. Smile
(2012-09-12, 13:11)username145 Wrote: Edit: Popped the folder in appdata addons folder and it runs now, looking good!

Wow that is crazy. Especially since I built it while it was in the XBMC addons folder.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2012-09-12, 14:30)ZexisStryfe Wrote:

Wow that is crazy. Especially since I built it while it was in the XBMC addons folder.

The funny thing about it is that it should be working just fine! I remember that I used to have these issues all the time installing via zip file until I worked out that they were improperly packaged and XBMC couldn't read/open them for the installation to start. The thing about yours however (and to the best of my knowledge) is that it is properly packaged and in the right format/structure. The other mystery is why it is suddenly working when we manually add it to the Addons folder because if we are missing dependencies when installing via zip, we should still be having the same problem with the manual install...

“Curiouser and curiouser!” cried Alice...
Nice and smooth animations, and feels very snappy on my low end system, very impressive! :-)

Looking forward to new colour themes and (if even possible!) being able to scroll through the entire library by just pressing the right arrow in this view:

I am not sure if it is possible to just use the right button (I have been working on it!) but I am going to redesign that view a bit to make it less of a hassle.

Looking and running very nicely on my low powered machine dude Big Grin

Thank you
Nice work! It looks great, give it ago!
This might not exactly go with the skin type, but I would love to see TV Show Logos & Movie Logos integrated into the skin.

Love it so far though, very nice work.
(2012-09-15, 22:13)feerlessleadr Wrote: This might not exactly go with the skin type, but I would love to see TV Show Logos & Movie Logos integrated into the skin.

Love it so far though, very nice work.

Both types of logos are on the list for support in the future!

Hey Zexis Stryfe!

I have been using your skin pretty consistently for a couple of days now and I think I have hit my first bug! It would appear that when you manually mark a TV show as watched, it dissapears from the library. I thought maybe at first it was because I had ticked "Remove watched items from library" but it doesn't seem to be the case as if I sit through an episode of a show, it marks it with a tick and remains in the library...

Any thoughts?

I also wanted to complement you on what a beautiful buffering screen you have made! I have been having a lot of router problems recently so it is a nice change to look at a well designed buffering screen. Smile
(2012-09-16, 03:15)TzirSora Wrote: Hey Zexis Stryfe!

I have been using your skin pretty consistently for a couple of days now and I think I have hit my first bug! It would appear that when you manually mark a TV show as watched, it dissapears from the library. I thought maybe at first it was because I had ticked "Remove watched items from library" but it doesn't seem to be the case as if I sit through an episode of a show, it marks it with a tick and remains in the library...

Any thoughts?

I also wanted to complement you on what a beautiful buffering screen you have made! I have been having a lot of router problems recently so it is a nice change to look at a well designed buffering screen. Smile

TzirSora,

What view are you using where setting something to "watched" makes it disappear?

(2012-09-16, 06:34)ZexisStryfe Wrote: TzirSora,

What view are you using where setting something to "watched" makes it disappear?

I am using the "Fanart" view for all levels of the TV show section so that is at the show level, seasonal level and episode level. Smile

If it helps through, it seems to be doing the same thing on all view types...
Hi Zexis Stryfe,

I really like this skin and want to try it out but still can't get it up and running.
I'm using Eden and I tried installing by ZIP didn't work. So I included the dependancies, no joy. Then put the folder in the addons folder, still not working for me.
Any suggestions?
@ddm101:
remove the zipfile from packages folders if it's there, and manually unzip to addons folder.

from op:
- "Install from zip file" results in a "dependencies not met" error. Please install manually by unzipping the contents and placing them in XBMC's addons folder
Here's what I do:

Extract the zip file, you should end with a folder called "skin.metroTV"
put this folder in XBMC/addons

then put the zip file (that you extracted the folder from) in XBMC/addons/packages

Restart XBMC and it should be available to pick

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23