• 5(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Thanks for the suggestions but I still couldn't get it up and running on the Ubutnu machine, still problems with the dependancies although they are all loaded, however I did get it to work on the Oval Elephant.
The skin looks really good.
Been trying this skin for a couple of days now and really like it, thank you for making such a cool skin Big Grin looking forward to alpha 2 or the beta whichever comes next Wink
Alrighty guys. I know you all found a few bugs in this release thus far, so I set up a GoogleCode site to keep track of them. I would very much appreciate it if you could go there and enter any bugs you found/find. I will do my best to enter the bugs listed in this thread, but any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you for all the help and support!

metroTV Project Site
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2012-09-16, 03:15)TzirSora Wrote: Hey Zexis Stryfe!

I have been using your skin pretty consistently for a couple of days now and I think I have hit my first bug! It would appear that when you manually mark a TV show as watched, it dissapears from the library. I thought maybe at first it was because I had ticked "Remove watched items from library" but it doesn't seem to be the case as if I sit through an episode of a show, it marks it with a tick and remains in the library...

Any thoughts?

I also wanted to complement you on what a beautiful buffering screen you have made! I have been having a lot of router problems recently so it is a nice change to look at a well designed buffering screen. Smile

@ZexisStryfe
You are missing some buttons in options menu.

MetroTV
- View: xxxx
- Sort by: xxxx
- Sort Direction: xxxx
- Files Mode
- Search
- Party Mode
- Filter

Confluence
- View: xxxx
- Sort by: xxxx
- Sort Direction: xxxx
- Filter
- Search
- Hide Watched
- Stack

- Flatten

I think the missing "HideWatched" button is the issue here. Also note that Confluence it uses that button with the id="14" to hide or show watched videos only, but you can use the id="10" to toggle between "All Videos/Watched/UnWatched" videos.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...deoNav.xml

Cheers
Nessus
Thanks Nessus. I will fix that.

Looks great so far, definitely something I'd want to use. I made this quick mockup, based on the Fanart List view. Would it be easy for me to make something like this for a movie view? You would only get half as many movies on the screen at once, but it would be nice and simple and easy to read from the couch.

Thanks
crashing for me when i try to enter the settings menu, on an ATV2 Eden. Just crashes out of XBMC to the home screen
Thanks for the heads up, Selspiero. I will look into that.

Any chance you have the debug log?

Nice work and indeed look forward to the finished version Smile

Though currently the skin gives me mixed feelings towards metro...
Some screens seems simple but some screens are really cluttered and not true to the "metro way" - like the home screen - to much clutter Wink
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Very nice indeed. Any chance the font used gets updated to support diacritics and other special characters?
(2012-10-08, 19:27)The-Boxhead Wrote: Nice work and indeed look forward to the finished version Smile

Though currently the skin gives me mixed feelings towards metro...
Some screens seems simple but some screens are really cluttered and not true to the "metro way" - like the home screen - to much clutter Wink

See now, I find that very that is interesting. I am not sure how the home screen is any more cluttered than the Win8 Start screen (which the home screen is based on). As previously mentioned, I am actually using the "Metro" style guide provided by Microsoft for the design. Really the only differences between the metroTV home screen and the start screen are the left hand list (which is the suggested metro format, see the PC settings screen) and the clock/RSS on the bottom of the screen. Perhaps it is the fact I had to "blow up" the size of the tiles in order to support viewing from across the room?

I would be very interested to hear your further thoughts, Boxhead.

Spike,

I am currently working on finding a font that will support special characters but has the same visual style (Segoe font). If you have any suggestions, please share!

Just an update guys, I am planning on having Alpha2 out for public consumption by the end of the week. This will include several bug fixes and 2 new color themes.

Excellent, looking forward to it!
Love the skin! One issue I have with it though is when viewing TV shows the poster thumbnails are all distorted.

EDIT: Figured out that it was using banners instead of posters but displaying them at the poster aspect ratio. To fix this you need to configure your TV scraper to prefer posters and then refresh your library.
(2012-09-20, 14:13)Chris! Wrote: Here's what I do:

Extract the zip file, you should end with a folder called "skin.metroTV"
put this folder in XBMC/addons

then put the zip file (that you extracted the folder from) in XBMC/addons/packages

Restart XBMC and it should be available to pick

I don't have XBMC/addons/packages

The packages subfolder doesn't exist for me. i installed XBMC on another W7 machine its not there either.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23